Black Spirituality Religion : We Are One

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by MasterDJ, Jan 13, 2010.

1. MasterDJ

MasterDJ Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +48
    Brothers and Sisters,
    I am a fan of destee.com for several reasons. First and foremost I believe it serves as a safe haven to format and publish ideas outside of the normal "box"! This is one of the few places that supplies an individual with an opportunity to manifest his or her thoughts, format them to words and await a response from diverse levels of knowledge and experiences. I applaud Sister Destee for developing an environment that caters to our thirst as a people to learn , teach, guide and combat one anothers ideologies. Yes, I also applaud the opportunity to combat ideologies we believe are inerrant and try to bring truth to the surface!

However, it disheartens me to see that our combative and contrary nature has been seeming to get in our path and only serves as a distracting mechanism and tool for division, separation, anger, and the hurling of insults; as if anyone here has it all figured out and cannot make an error in judgement. For my Christian Brothers and Sisters out there, the bible speaks on how Pride comes before the fall! For my Muslim Brothers and Sisters, are we not taught to be modest and humble even in our base of knowledge? No matter what spiritual system or background you have, we should all be able to agree that knowledge is infinite!!! Stop right there! If knowledge is infinite that simply means that none of us have arrived at the destination of omniscience! Right or wrong? Out of the thousands of subscribers here at Destee.com, each one of us has something within us that if properly cultivated and manifested can be administered and benefit each one of us to some degree.

I have witnessed on many occassions, someone write a response to a comment but because it seemed far-fetched, or was contrary to what we have formerly been taught, we throw up a defensive shield and retaliate without even taking the time to meditate, study and research the root of the counter-arguments statement.

So I propose that as this new year of 2010 continues, lets make a conscious decision to critique and state our opinoins, facts, and etc, in a spirit of love. We must remember that WE ARE NOT FIGHTING EACH OTHER! We are really fighting an idea which 99% of the time is not "our own idea" but an idea placed there by someone else! Even if at times someone may forget and get a little "spicy" about something that was exchanged...be the mature one and let it blow away with the wind! Sometimes silence can be deafening!

Please Brothers and Sisters, meditate on my appeal to you and may Allah, or whomever you call your God, grant all of us with Peace, Unity, and Happiness!
    As Salaam Alaikum (Peace Be unto you)

2. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Great post Master DJ, where have you been?

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    IT IS MY HONEST PRAYER THAT THIS POST AS WELL AS OTHER POSTS CALLING FOR UNITY, AND A COLLECTIVE EFFORT,

AND AS WAS SAID IN THE GODFATHER,

LET THIS POST END ALL HOSTILITIES, VENDETTAS, AND MALICE,

AND LET ME BE THE FIRST TO SAY,
    LET'S CALL IT QUITS,
    AND MAKE PEACEAND MAY THIS TRUCE NEVER BE BROCKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. enquiring_mind

enquiring_mind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +198
    Ase!!

I hope that everyone embraces this sentiment; goodness knows we're going to need eachother more and more in the coming years.

Hotep x

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    YOU AINT LIEING BRO FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. enquiring_mind

enquiring_mind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +198
    It's 'Sis', Bro... :) but hey- I know my name doesn't give much away lol! anyhow it's the shared sentiment that's important :toast:

hotep xx

7. MasterDJ

MasterDJ Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +48
    @ Asrtologer4U

Yeah I know...lol....I took a posting hiatus for a while cause life has been very busy but I still dropped in from time to time for 10 min here 20 min there! Hopefully I can squeeze more time in in the future...

8. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

Well, it was good to hear your words, glad you had some time to finally share them.

Astrologer4U

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    My apologies and I have made that mistake from responding to certain names, but you see and understand what has been going on here and to whom much is given much is expected, so when intelligent and wise people bicker over nothing it harms the planet and all life, this post expresses our freedom from the wilie lynch white supremacy and embrace a new African paradigm of love and Unity regadless of faith, spirtulity, religon or practice.

I can say honestly that I will do everything to keep the peace

10. Seneb

Seneb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,187
    POWERFUL!!!