Pan-Africanism : We Are African not Black

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Hmmm. I guess it is true that the root of the word Africa is in a European langugae. But, many African words have European roots. So what. The important thing is Europeans did not name us Africans. We named oursleves Africans.

Not only that abdurratln...the best indigenous name for Africa would be Alkebu-lan; besides, where and how did so-called Europeans learn language, which is to say, who is responsible for creating language, if not Black People.

This is incorrect. Africans didn't call themselves African. Romans named us Africans. It is named after a small group of people called AFRI in Tunisia. When Scipio the Younger defeated Hannibal, he named the new province after this group of people who they conquered. They are a Berber mix of people. The Roman empire named those places in north "Africa" as the name of a colonial province.

You can pronounce it various ways. They were called AVRIGHA or AOURIGHA. When the Arabs took over they called the territories AFIRIQAH. From there it was Latinized. The Arabs expanded that territory into Morocco.

Black African people do not go around naming continents, prescribing destiny and identities on unknown people. That is a European thing. I question greatly the Alkebulan name precisely for that reason. Africans name places after the people there. You would have to find me the Alkebulan "people."

Africa is not an "African" name as it has no meaning what-so-ever from my research. I go into more detail in my book. But African people need to get together and rename, redefine a new identity because African means nothing.

Not only that abdurratln...the best indigenous name for Africa would be Alkebu-lan; besides where and how did so-called Europeans learn language, which is to say, who is responsible for creating language, if not Black People.

This is incorrect. Africans didn't call themselves African. Romans named us Africans. It is named after a small group of people called AFRI in Tunisia. When Scipio the Younger defeated Hannibal, he named the new province after this group of people who they conquered. They are a Berber mix of people. The Roman empire named those places in north "Africa" as the name of a colonial province.

You can pronounce it various ways. They were called AVRIGHA or AOURIGHA. When the Arabs took over they called the territories AFIRIQAH. From there it was Latinized. The Arabs expanded that territory into Morocco.

Black African people do not go around naming continents, prescribing destiny and identities on unknown people. That is a European thing. I question greatly the Alkebulan name precisely for that reason. Africans name places after the people there. You would have to find me the Alkebulan "people."

Africa is not an "African" name as it has no meaning what-so-ever from my research. I go into more detail in my book. But African people need to get together and rename, redefine a new identity because African means nothing.

Your problem is you are against Pan-Africanism.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Brother,

It is widely known and accepted that Alkebu-lan is the indigenous name of the Latin, Africa. Dr. Josef Ben-Jochannan was one the first to gather this information for his first book, Black Man of the Nile. The links below, and there are many others, all support this concept. Do you disagree imhotep06?

http://www.ubol.com/index_files/Page9777.htm

http://redsea1.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=2562581&trail=50%2314

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back