Black People : We Are A Part Of The Black Disapora-!

chuck

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 9, 2003
The late Harold Cruse wrote and spoke of the attempts at some to truly unite the Black Disapora in the Americas:

His book on the subject was/is called THE CRISIS OF THE (BLACK) NEGRO INTELLECTUAL...

Also do keep in mind there are more people of African descent in Brazil than they are in the United States...

I do feel and think we've shouldered the burden all by ourselves and for far too long:

After all?

Many hands make the burden(s) much lighter...

It has become far too obvious other ethnic groups are slow (if at all) to openly acknowledge our past support of their efforts at true equality and social justice around the globe:

Therefore let us do what is natural and normal for any group looking out for our own best interests...

Then maybe some of them will just follow our leads etc.

:SuN020:

The late Harold Cruse wrote and spoke of the attempts at some to truly unite the Black Disapora in the Americas:

His book on the subject was/is called THE CRISIS OF THE (BLACK) NEGRO INTELLECTUAL...

Also do keep in mind there are more people of African descent in Brazil than they are in the United States...

I do feel and think we've shouldered the burden all by ourselves and for far too long:

After all?

Many hands make the burden(s) much lighter...

It has become far too obvious other ethnic groups are slow (if at all) to openly acknowledge our past support of their efforts at true equality and social justice around the globe:

Therefore let us do what is natural and normal for any group looking out for our own best interests...

Then maybe some of them will just follow our leads etc.

:SuN020:

I was so shocked to find out about the statistics on the Black people in Brazil. I learned this when I read books at an Afrocentric school. It brought a lot of questions to my mind though such as, why has our educational system kept this fact a secret from us? We have experienced Europe of which correlated to the Statue of Liberty . . . beckoning them to come; We experienced so much information about the people of Mexico 'crossing the border'; So, why haven't we heard anything about the millions of Black people in Brazil, Middle America and probably many other places? Why has American been so secretive? -- Not only America but also, the Western Powers in their leagues!!! Why have they been so secretive?

The question I ask in regards to defensive strategies is

I was so shocked to find out about the statistics on the Black people in Brazil. I learned this when I read books at an Afrocentric school. It brought a lot of questions to my mind though such as, why has our educational system kept this fact a secret from us? We have experienced Europe of which correlated to the Statue of Liberty . . . beckoning them to come; We experienced so much information about the people of Mexico 'crossing the border'; So, why haven't we heard anything about the millions of Black people in Brazil, Middle America and probably many other places? Why has American been so secretive? -- Not only America but also, the Western Powers in their leagues!!! Why have they been so secretive?

What did they do to our brothers and sisters there,
to keep them so quiet and unable to network and communicate with us
since there are more folks of African descent in Brazil then in the United States?

What did they do to our brothers and sisters there,
to keep them so quiet and unable to network and communicate with us
since there are more folks of African descent in Brazil then in the United States?

Good morning, poster...

(And I just use the word--'poster'--because I also don't always know what the person's gender is as well as I'd just as soon not unintentionally offen anybody by misspelling your on line monickers)...

But not to digress...

The idea is that socially and politically prgressive people of african descent can and will both feel and think they do represent the rest of their various peoples...

The reality is that there's only a handful of us who did or do feel and think the need or want to network etc. with each other...

Also do keep in mind (as one of my black indian acquaintances reminded me):

Leaders reach out to other leaders...

I. e., it would help you to answer your own questions, as in--check out whenever and wherever afrolatino activists come together with your own,
and/or elected representatives of various afrolatino communities from Central/South America/etc. do likewise...

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

Good morning, poster...

(And I just use the word--'poster'--because I also don't always know what the person's gender is as well as I'd just as soon not unintentionally offen anybody by misspelling your on line monickers)...

But not to digress...

The idea is that socially and politically prgressive people of african descent can and will both feel and think they do represent the rest of their various peoples...

The reality is that there's only a handful of us who did or do feel and think the need or want to network etc. with each other...

Also do keep in mind (as one of my black indian acquaintances reminded me):

Leaders reach out to other leaders...

I. e., it would help you to answer your own questions, as in--check out whenever and wherever afrolatino activists come together with your own,
and/or elected representatives of various afrolatino communities from Central/South America/etc. do likewise...

FYI...

Later...

Peace...
any example of what you mention would be apreciated coming from Brazil within the past 20 years,
to be honest I have only heard about the folks there in the past 15 years from folks like Dr. Leonard Jeffries and Tony Brown but realy , every nation has websites and what not from the grassroots of all folks of African descent, and to be honest we have not heard from these folks, who are a larger population then us here,
except for Pelle and Milton Nasciemento.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back