Black Sports : WBC says JT has to fight #1 contender Wink

kemetkind said:
Well looks like I might be wrong about PBF dodging Hatton....

mirror.co.uk/
RICKY HATTON will have at least one fight before he takes on Floyd Mayweather in a bid to become the world's undisputed light-welterweight champion in 2006.

The Manchester Hitman captured the IBF and WBA belts with stoppage wins over Kostya Tszyu and Carlos Maussa last year to become No.1 in the division.

Those wins have made Hatton a global name in boxing, but he is in no rush to face his biggest threat at ten stone - WBC champ Mayweather, also unbeaten like Hatton.

Hatton's father and manager Ray revealed they will choose another opponent from a list including Arturo Gatti, welterweight champ Zab Judah and lightweights Jose Luis Castillo, Diego Corrales and Acelino Freitas.

He said: "We will make an announcement by mid- January. It's intriguing which way we should go. We want a May date.

"Everyone wants to see the Mayweather fight but that will probably be towards the end of the year. There will probably be one or two fights before that one."

Provided Gatti beats Denmark's Thomas Damgaard on January 28, the exciting Canadian is likely to be next for Hatton in America.

Brother Kemet I ain't never been the kind of cat to say I told you so but ....well you know....J/K........I'm telling you bruh...Hatton don't want none of Floyd.......Wink ...(if he fights JT and beats him) is trying to get a fight with Floyd..because Floyd is young and can move up and down in those weight classes..now I like Wink a lot but I think Floyd will beat the hell out of Wink....like I said in the other post Floyd is the TRUTH......
MississippiRed

kemetkind said:
ain't saying he doesn't have any weaknesses - saying he the one with the belts and he didn't get them over no pansy....

Yeah that's why I'm saying JT smarter than people giving him credit for. Bhop hurt JT in that first fight...once JT got the lead he didn't have no reason to run in on bhop so he fought Bhop at Bhop's game. If JT was so one-dimensional and couldn't adjust he would not have changed his game plan as the fight went along...

Who said he was a GREAT fighter already? He ain't had but 20 something fights and most of them cupcakes. I said he think he could handle winky wright cause he has enough skills, and enough pure athleticism/speed/power, and enough HEART. If he gets a better trainer and a better preparation program then I agree he could become a great one - but he already earned respect due a champion. Ain't no good reason to claim bhop skills diminished THAT much cause JT got him.....bhop at 41 and I don't think Winky could beat bhop.

See you can stop right there. If Winky can't hurt JT he cain't make JT respect him and then he's in trouble cause if you seen some of JT's other fights besides with bhop he will trade WITH BAD INTENTIONS if he has no respect of the counter. Winky defense over-rated, his body open with that peek-aboo stuff.

yeah Floyd the truth but he trying to pick his fights to get the most money....same as JT. Otherwise he could'a just cleaned out all the top guys at 140 instead of playing with jokers like mitchell and pulling out on judah.

Look I ain't about to spend lotta time defending Hatton but you can't say the white boy has no boxing skills, no speed, and no power. I mean did you actually see the Tzu fight? Hatton is fo sho overrated but he aint' a pushover fight or else Floyd would've went on over and took home some easy money.

I don't see anything wrong with JT trying to cash some checks. NOBODY want to fight winky cause of his style. He's smart to fight as many times as he can before going up against the top fighters cause he's still a young fighter....what's wrong with that? I don't see him giving up no belts to duck Winky though - just don't see it. If he was like that he coulda kept cashing in getting experience and waited couple more years till bhop retired before trying to step up.

Na bruh I might get some stuff wrong but numbers is RARELY one of them. I got near photographic memory - i said two rounds cause I remember a 115-113. I looked it up....

Judge Melvina Lathan scored the bout 115-113, while Duane Ford had it 117-110 and Tom Kaczmarek tallied 115-112

Now on the punches - I don't know - did you see that fight? I saw winky get popped over and over by a wild dude looking like a white girl slanging cat claws out of control at him. I haven't seen too many winky fights but from what I saw I wasn't impressed - he couldn't hurt Soliman and Soliman was **** near out on his feet he was so tired from all those punches.

All I gotta say is JT got the belts and give him his due until somebody take em.

Soliman threw a lot of punches but he wasn't popping Wink was never hurt..and dude only landed about 1 % of his punches according to compubox 1 % .....this fight I agree wasn't Winky's best effort but that's been his problem from the beginning when he fights sub par fighters he comes down to their level he's always been that way...in big fights with good opponents he shows up big.... now I didn't say he couldn't hurt JT I said he don't have a lot of power meaning 1 shot dropem power he does however have a hard right jab which after a while starts to wear on you and that's why I don't see JT beating him 1.JT eats right hands leads, and overhands and 2. he still has a stamina issue in the later rounds and that was in fights where neither fighters threw a lot of punches...
on the Soliman fight....again you say Winky doesn't have good defense ...dude threw 1260 and landed 174 that just don't happen on accident...it's amazing to me the fight was judged so close in watching the rebroadcast I had Soliman winning 1 maybe 2 with 1 round as a draw and winky taking the remainder convincingly.....as the fight went on Winky was more accurate and landed the harder punches....

I didn't say Hop's skills have diminished because he lost it's the truth..look at him from Trinidad back and from Trinidad forward he was slowing down starting to not like that contact and being even more picky about his punches usually only fighting 3/4 of a fight and just probing in the first few rounds......and on the power issue BHop don't have power either but he hurt JT late in the first fight.....

I didn't see JT's fighting of BHop as being smart or him being ahead and then coasting me looking at him saw confusion where he wasn't really sure how to crack that nut...now JT's left jab is impressive but when he gets frustrated he stops throwing it.
Like I said when I say I think JT will lose to Winky it's not because of any bias and not from the outlook of a casual fan I am a student and practitioner of the Sweet Science I can discuss fighters who fought back in the 1800's all the way up to the present......when the second JT v Hop fight came around I made the call early on that JT would win based on what I had seen in Hop's previous fights, what I saw in his declining punch counts and his unwillingness to be the old rough,dirty BHop.....(even at 41 though he's still hard to hit) ...and I was right....I'm not a fan of a particular fighter ..I do like some fighters but that's based more on their style of fighting than the actual person....and trust me JT ain't ready......not for Winky anyway...if not for Winky JT could I think probably beat every Middleweight contender out there.....now if Jeff Lacy decides to drop a weight class then that'd be two folk that could beat JT and when....yeah I said when not if...Floyd comes up in weight it's over....he'll be Middleweight King he'll probably lose some speed but he'll have more pop (lawdhamercy).....and that's my .02 cents

on Hatton he doesn't have speed,power, or any of the things he needs to be great ....he has more things that will keep him from greatness than will help him anyway.....and yeah I saw him fight Tzu as well as 5 no name cats before Tzu ....now Hatton is game , intense and tenacious as hell BUT he ain't a power puncher....now he ....is easy to hit, has no head movement,doesn't use angles,comes straight in and cuts easily very very very easily....like when the wind blows hard easily and not just over one eye but both over and under both eyes, he has no real boxing skills he to me is a lot like Soliman but Hatton is more accurate and if you stand there and let him work you he will put you down by sheer accumulation and as such he will never be great.....this fight with Floyd will be his undoing......in most instances where a pure puncher gets in with a skilled boxer the boxer will dismantle the puncher and it usually sends the punchers career into a tailspin and Hatton is getting in with a very skilled boxer who has pop...double whammy....and he will never be the same.....that's my take on those issues......if there's anything better than boxing and fighting .....hell there's nothing better than that...

MississippiRed
Boxing Scholar at Large :grin:

MississippiRed said:
again you say Winky doesn't have good defense ...dude threw 1260 and landed 174 that just don't happen on accident...it's amazing to me the fight was judged so close in watching the rebroadcast I had Soliman winning 1 maybe 2 with 1 round as a draw and winky taking the remainder convincingly.....as the fight went on Winky was more accurate and landed the harder punches....

I think that's more punches than JT will land against Wright!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back