Black Sports : WBC heavyweight champ Klitschko retires

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by panafrica, Nov 9, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/5067442

2. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    People criticized Lennox Lewis when he retired, although he clearly had nothing left to prove. I wonder what they'll say about Vitali Klitschko? He lost to the real champ (Lewis)...won a vacated title against a nobody who had fought 1 time in 5 years (Corrie Sanders)...and defended the title against a handpicked nobody who wasn't even ranked! Then he ducked and dodged the first real fighter who he had to face since Lennox (Hasim Rahman) until he finally had to quit. Vitali is the biggest punk ever to hold the heavyweight crown!!

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Man I'm so happy that boy is gone....never thought I'd see anybody afraid of Rahman .....did you notice in the article though how they kept stressing that Vitali retired. but when mentioning Lennox and even Gene Tunney they stated that they quit....and then to even mention Vitali in the same sentence with Lennox Lewis, Gene Tunney, and Rocky Marciano is boxing blasphemy....

"The decision to end was hard to make. But I would like to end my career on top and with my retirement make the way free for my successor," Klitschko said.
    Ok whatever you say dude....just another white hype coming to try and take what we own and just like the others failing miserably.....who got next?
    Brother Pan I guess dreams really do come true....LOL

MississippiRed

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

Successor?:lol:He makes it seem like he left soem kind of legacy. My goodness. This guy need to drag his raggedy @ss brother with him into retirement. Well, at least he's gone now.

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Yes brother Red, I noticed the writer say that Lennox "quit" while Vitali "retired". Klitschko is lucky I didn't write that article, I'd make him look like the joke he is.