Black People : Ways to save money(and make money)!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Knowledge Seed, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Peace!

If you have an old computer that is outdated and somewhat slow, don't throw it away. Add an extra stick of memory to it and replace the old Operating System with Linux(preferably Unbuntu 8.10), which is free.

Stop going to the movie theaters and wasting your hard earned money. Find websites like "Mega Uploads" and watch those movies for free. I know you maybe saying "Well, I want to watch those movies on my TV, not my computer." All you have to do is go to your local Radio Shack or Circuit City and ask for the cable that goes from your computer to the TV.

College students, stop buying books from your school and then selling them back. You'll still be spending money. Buy your books from half.com for extremely low prices and then sell them to your school for a higher price.

Grow your own food. Places like Home Depot don't sell the seeds to almost every fruit and vegetable, for nothing.

If you have Native American heritage, and can prove it, use that to your benefit. Go to Real Estate school(It cost a little over $400 to do it here in ATL with Platinum Real Estate, a Black owned company). Once you are certified and have acquired citizenship on the reservation, open a Real Estate company on the reservation. Because the reservation is sovereign, everything that is purchased through businesses on the reservation, becomes sovereign. This way, you can provide sovereign land to Black people and really start getting into some serious nation building!

If you have a business and need software to create invoices, don't go buy Quick Books or any other financial software. You can do that and so much more(create contracts, business cards, etc) in Google Documents(in Gmail) for free! Forget pay checks. That uses too much ink. Do direct deposits!

Peace!

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    If you think your Cell Phone bill is too high, there are two viable solutions. Check and see if you have Metro PCS in your area. They provide unlimited local and long distance calls across the nation. They also provide unlimited internet access and texting. Did I mention that you can get all of this for under $60 dollars?

If Metro PCS is not available in your area, go to: www.otcellphones.com and check out their plans and phones.

With the today's technology, there are ways to lower things like Internet bills. If you have a phone with three 3G capabilities, you can get internet access on computer by connecting your phone to the computer(either directly or through bluetooth). Make sure your internet plan is unlimited.

You can also get cheap high speed internet if you have cable(not satellite). Simply purchase a cable spliter and connect one part of the spliter to the TV and the other part to a cable modem. Take the opposite of the spliter and connect it to the cable line in the wall. From there, you can get something like Netzero or AOL software and configure it to use the cable modem and that connection.