Black Spirituality Religion : Ways to Enhance Melanin and put it to use?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Blackbird, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Greetings All,

As many know, there has been an ongoing discussion about melanin. I have learned some things and am appreciative of the posters sharing their knowledge and information. My mind has been tinkering since....

I wanted to start a new thread about how to enhance melanin and ways to fully activate the pineal gland. I'm looking for everybody's contribution regarding techniques, diet, and other info.

Personally, I believe melanin can be tied directly to the chakras. For lack of more information, I will use the Yogi concept of the chakras (wheels of light). I don't know where I put my notes at this time so bare with me. I know that each of the 7 main chakras are described as having a set number of "petals." When one adds the first six chakra petals, the sum becomes 144. The 7th chakra, which contains 1,000 petals itself, is then multiplied by the 144 sum which equals the product of 144,000. This number, 144,000, is synonymous to the speed of light. It is theorized that when all the chakras are vibrating, spinning at the appropriate rate, they produce an energy that becomes pure light. Thus, an individual becomes a "light" body.

It's been alluded to earlier in the original melanin thread that the pineal gland functions as a receiver for "energy" or "light". Thus when the energy fields of the body are balanced harmoniously, the pineal gland reaches its optimum receptivity to "universal energy/ase/kra/chi/se/ka." The practitioners of the yogi tradition, which was originally an Africoid Ku****e tradition, say that once the chakras are balanced and attuned an individual obtains "siddhis" or "supernatural" powers. With the pineal gland having such an increased sensitivity, I believe the individual becomes "Karast" or "anointed." What say you?

I know that in many Afrikan traditions, initiation helps to open the various chakra points in an individual's energy field. I have heard of many miraculous feats performed by Afrikan adepts that hold true to the sacred teachings of the ancestors. The Igbo Dibia is one such group of individuals. The various rituals inherent in our most ancient practices are done to concentrate ase. Brother Sekhemu spoke about the old Per-Aa of ancient Kemet and the ritualized knowledge possessed by those master teachers. Can this information be re-discovered, if not already being put into practice presently?

I could go and on, but I'm looking for more input. How can we elevate the knowledge of melanin from the abstract back into the realm of practicality? What have you learned?

Ase!
    Blackbird

Whatever it is, we are only scratching the surface.

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Congratulations Blackbird, on taking the high road, once again in starting this new thread. I will be adding my 12 (s)ents in the very near future!

Ase

3. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    You posed a good question here...

How can we elevate the knowledge of melanin from the abstract back into the realm of practicality?

Sekhemu said something in the other thread that sparked some thoughts and question. He said something about our hair being formatted for receiving thought energy of some kind. I believe he used the word antennae. Now my husband is very dark, however, his head is bald. Will his dark skin make up for him not having any hair on his head in terms of his ability to use his melanin for receiving more life source energy?

I also want to know since he is much darker than I, does he have more melanin than I do?

~j

4. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    In answer to your question Joyce, if your husband has hair anywhere on his head, that will suffice. In answer to your second question. Go buy the books we tokd you about. Because if you really want to be practical here. Buying books written and published by black people helps the black community.

5. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    :help:This question is for anyone who might be able to answer...

Do dark skinned blacks have more melanin in their body than light skinned blacks?

6. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Thanks for answering the question you were able to answer. I do buy books written and published by black people. I just don't have any on melanin. But thanks for giving the info you did give.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Joyce,

I believe darker-skinned Black folks have a more prepondance of melanocytes at the epidermis/dermis level, but as far as more melanin production, I believe not. Understand melanin is not only concentrated in the skin, but also the various tissues and organs of the human body.

Presently, I believe the major question at hand is if the pineal gland of Black folks functions more productively and efficiently than the pineal gland in white people. There are many that say white people's pineal gland is more calcified, heavily covered with calcium deposits. Melanin, it must be understood, is a byproduct of certain chemical reactions/processes taking place within the pineal gland. Sure there is a reciprocal nature, I think, that takes place between the pineal gland and the body's melanocytes and this could ultimately have a bearing on producing the environment for optimal efficiency.

I don't want this to become a thread of "more melanin or not". My intentions were to allow people to share further information on melanin enhancement and possible uses of it for our collective benefit.

Blackbird

8. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Thanks Blackbird,

I was beginning to envy my husband, being that I am pecan brown and he, walnut black. :luvv: His skin is so beautiful, but I am glad to know that melanin deepest dwelling goes beyond the skin surface.

9. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

You want to know about melanin but you don't support the black authors who write them. Yet you want us to answer your questions?

That's very disappointing!

10. Joyce

people
    Ratings:
    +56

Oh plueaseee Sekhemu! Going out buying a melanin book STILL does not mean I "support" them, it just means I want to learn more. Will you stop riding my back about buying a book. If you think that everyone who comes to a melanin thread to learn about melanin should buy a book as a pre-requiste for dialoguing, you are disillusioned. :hammer:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chakras and melanin

2. melanin and chi