Water

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by SayWord, Mar 2, 2004.

1. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I've been trying to lose weight. I'm starting to eat healthy and working out more. I'm wondering about how much water I drink. I've been told that I should drink a lot of water. But can I drink too much. I easily drink about 7 glasses of water at work. And I dinrk a lot of water at home. Am I drinking too much?

2. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hey SayWord,

It is recommended that people drink 1.5-2 quarts of water per day (many don't - they drink caffeinated beverages instead which dehydrates the body). If you're working out, though, you will need extra fluids to replenish those lost through sweat. A lot of times, people who haven't been drinking enough water and are trying to change their ways post reminders for themselves to drink say, eight glasses of water everyday. If you are already drinking more water, it isn't necessary to police yourself strictly. Just listen to your body, and when it needs water it will tell you.

Word of caution, though: don't fall prey to the myth that drinking water helps you lose weight. Water is a nutrient and can't help you get rid of body fat.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    no i don't think it's too much water as you work out you sweat and push fluids
    you need this to keep the body from dehydration as well you have a large input
    of fluids your output will level it .....