Black People : Watching the sun rise.

rapunzal24

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 2, 2011
Have you ever watched the sun rise? When I was in the Navy, I had plenty of watches when I saw the sun come up...standing on the bow...and dolphins playing...for real, dolphins would jump through the water. We would play sonar to get them hype, anyways, I said I would never work a j0b that required me to be up during sunrise....that didn't happen. Even if it had, I am still a late bird, and I am still up when the sun rises sometimes....like today. I will come back and describe what I heard and saw...what do you hear and see?

I saw it...actually, it was already up, through a cloudy sky. I stuck my nose against the screen of my third story window, and took a deep breath. The trees shook, lol, but there was a breeze coming through. Either the birds stopped chirping, or I stopped noticing....let me go check. Nope, the mind does crazy things....the birds are still chirping, lol. It rained last night, so the ground still permeates the air. There was a Robin pecking for a worm...he eventually saw me...and gave me the side eye, lol. Then a guy in a red van rolled up to my building, got out, and threw some newspapers...then he road off. Are you up during sunrise? If so, what do you see?

The morning smells amazing...it always has. When I was in my 20's and sailed past the Rock of Gibraltar, the air smelled amazing. Hitting port in Greece was the most memorable....the smell and sight of the water was ridiculous. The water was clear, and blue at the same dam time, lol! When I hit the gulf....lol...that ish smelt hot and musty....I put that on everything, no jokes. It was so hot, that smoking hurt...so we just didn't do it. I just thought about that, lol. When I hit the shores of Malta it smelled like water and fresh air. This morning, in the suburbs of the Chi, it smelled like water and dirt, but it reminded me of the sea. I do miss it. I remember standing out there in the middle of the night and seeing everything, but seeing nothing at all. I miss it...who would have ever thought that I would miss that. Maybe it was driving through South Shore, and looking at Lake Michigan........

Those are some great moments. Thanks for sharing.
Those to me who like the rain are poetic. You were very poetic in this piece.
How you describe the sounds, and smells took me onto the deck of your ship, almost seeing that sunshine you were watching. How long were you in Malta...I would like to one day visit a face book friend that lives there. Did you visit Paris?

Have you ever watched the sun rise? When I was in the Navy, I had plenty of watches when I saw the sun come up...standing on the bow...and dolphins playing...for real, dolphins would jump through the water. We would play sonar to get them hype, anyways, I said I would never work a j0b that required me to be up during sunrise....that didn't happen. Even if it had, I am still a late bird, and I am still up when the sun rises sometimes....like today. I will come back and describe what I heard and saw...what do you hear and see?

Yeah, I see the sun rise almost everyday, and have since I was 20 years old. I see the same usual crows flying after the smaller birds. I see Tiger and Panther, the two kitties I adopted(lol). I see the clouds rolling, and I hear near quietness since hardly anyone is every up during that time.

Yes.....I remember seeing the sun rise over Istanbul. Very beautiful, especially one momment when the whole street looked sort of....pale pink. And I've seen the sun rise one morning on the beach in Greece.....I've stayed on the beach the entire night. One of my most beautiful memories.
But one time I could see the sunset while I was on a Bosphorus boat tour. It was warm, but not hot- actually, it was more on the cold side. I was alone, could watch it without anyone bothering me----it was more than beautiful.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back