Black Entertainment : Watch: 'Saturday Night Life' Bites Into #OscarsSoWhite

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
0x4

Producers of "Saturday Night Life" certainly know what it's like to be on the receiving end of criticism over a lack of diversity in terms of its cast and writers' room, so I'm sure it was with much pleasure that they put the below sketch together in response to #OscarsSoWhite.

I laughed, which is a rare occurrence for me when it comes to SNL sketches of recent times (although maybe I laughed to keep from crying, given how true this presentation is):

Read more

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/watch-saturday-night-life-bites-into-oscarssowhite-20160124

0x4

Producers of "Saturday Night Life" certainly know what it's like to be on the receiving end of criticism over a lack of diversity in terms of its cast and writers' room, so I'm sure it was with much pleasure that they put the below sketch together in response to #OscarsSoWhite.

I laughed, which is a rare occurrence for me when it comes to SNL sketches of recent times (although maybe I laughed to keep from crying, given how true this presentation is):

Read more

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/watch-saturday-night-life-bites-into-oscarssowhite-20160124

Honestly, it disgusts me that some of us are still begging for white acceptance. There was once a booming Black film industry and as noted Will and Jada own a production company and could be churning out quality movies, just like unknown white indie directors do that crowd fund their movies.

P Diddy is another one who need to STFU when he could have financed a ton of movies with the 300K+ he bragged to the world he spent on a Bently for a 16 year old. Why doesn't he brag about their academic achievement? How many languages do they speak? How many instruments have they mastered and are competing to get into Juilliard or any other renowned institutions?

I hope JayZ has Blue learning Spanish, French, Mandarin, Japanese and Russian as well as piano, violin, cello, harpsichord, etc., as part of her future plans for world domination....not being the entertainment.

Donald Bogle writes some really good books about old Black HW that can be bought on my favorite cheap book site...not advertising , just giving info on an awesome sure where I got a pristine "used" hard copy of No Woman No Cry from England for $12

www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=Bogle%2C+Donald&cm_sp=det-_-plp-_-author

Honestly, it disgusts me that some of us are still begging for white acceptance. There was once a booming Black film industry and as noted Will and Jada own a production company and could be churning out quality movies, just like unknown white indie directors do that crowd fund their movies.

P Diddy is another one who need to STFU when he could have financed a ton of movies with the 300K+ he bragged to the world he spent on a Bently for a 16 year old. Why doesn't he brag about their academic achievement? How many languages do they speak? How many instruments have they mastered and are competing to get into Juilliard or any other renowned institutions?

I hope JayZ has Blue learning Spanish, French, Mandarin, Japanese and Russian as well as piano, violin, cello, harpsichord, etc., as part of her future plans for world domination....not being the entertainment.

Donald Bogle writes some really good books about old Black HW that can be bought on my favorite cheap book site...not advertising , just giving info on an awesome sure where I got a pristine "used" hard copy of No Woman No Cry from England for $12

www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=Bogle%2C+Donald&cm_sp=det-_-plp-_-author

Thanks for posting, Black Phoenix. I am a fan of Donald Bogle, too. He really broke it all down in one of my favorite books.

51F5qFU1BkL._SX341_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

On topic:

Yes, it is disheartening that we celebrate when AAs break through the glass ceiling. But, time and time again, the Black Bourgeoisie betrays us, and undermines us, intentionally. As it turns out, the Smith's are living in a glass house, they ought not throw stones.... It turns out #WillsComanysSoWhiteToo

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, Black Phoenix. I am a fan of Donald Bogle, too. He really broke it all down in one of my favorite books.

51F5qFU1BkL._SX341_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

On topic:

Yes, it is disheartening that we celebrate when AAs break through the glass ceiling. But, time and time again, the Black Bourgeoisie betrays us, and undermines us, intentionally. As it turns out, the Smith's are living in a glass house, they ought not throw stones.... It turns out #WillsComanysSoWhiteToo

I had that book stolen 25 years old after lending it to a "friend" and just bought two pristine used ones for a steal from Abe's

I had that book stolen 25 years old after lending it to a "friend" and just bought two pristine used ones for a steal from Abe's

You haven't learned abut loaning books and CD's yet?
I'd rather give them their own copies as gifts at holiday time. Been burned too many times. I only loan the ones I didn't like.

*smile*

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back