Black Entertainment : Watch: 'Saturday Night Life' Bites Into #OscarsSoWhite

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Liberty, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,243
    [​IMG]

Producers of "Saturday Night Life" certainly know what it's like to be on the receiving end of criticism over a lack of diversity in terms of its cast and writers' room, so I'm sure it was with much pleasure that they put the below sketch together in response to #OscarsSoWhite.

I laughed, which is a rare occurrence for me when it comes to SNL sketches of recent times (although maybe I laughed to keep from crying, given how true this presentation is):

Read more

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/watch-saturday-night-life-bites-into-oscarssowhite-20160124

2. Black Phoenix

Black Phoenix Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +147
    Honestly, it disgusts me that some of us are still begging for white acceptance. There was once a booming Black film industry and as noted Will and Jada own a production company and could be churning out quality movies, just like unknown white indie directors do that crowd fund their movies.

P Diddy is another one who need to STFU when he could have financed a ton of movies with the 300K+ he bragged to the world he spent on a Bently for a 16 year old. Why doesn't he brag about their academic achievement? How many languages do they speak? How many instruments have they mastered and are competing to get into Juilliard or any other renowned institutions?

I hope JayZ has Blue learning Spanish, French, Mandarin, Japanese and Russian as well as piano, violin, cello, harpsichord, etc., as part of her future plans for world domination....not being the entertainment.

Donald Bogle writes some really good books about old Black HW that can be bought on my favorite cheap book site...not advertising , just giving info on an awesome sure where I got a pristine "used" hard copy of No Woman No Cry from England for $12

www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=Bogle%2C+Donald&cm_sp=det-_-plp-_-author

3. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,243
    Thanks for posting, Black Phoenix. I am a fan of Donald Bogle, too. He really broke it all down in one of my favorite books.

[​IMG]

On topic:

Yes, it is disheartening that we celebrate when AAs break through the glass ceiling. But, time and time again, the Black Bourgeoisie betrays us, and undermines us, intentionally. As it turns out, the Smith's are living in a glass house, they ought not throw stones.... It turns out #WillsComanysSoWhiteToo

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  4. Black Phoenix

United States
    Ratings:
    +147
    I had that book stolen 25 years old after lending it to a "friend" and just bought two pristine used ones for a steal from Abe's

5. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,243
    You haven't learned abut loaning books and CD's yet?
    I'd rather give them their own copies as gifts at holiday time. Been burned too many times. I only loan the ones I didn't like.

*smile*

6. Black Phoenix

United States
    Ratings:
    +147
    25 years ago that didn't exist... at least not on a grand accessible scale... ; )

7. Chaya Chaim

Chaya Chaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +269
    Roman Polanski gets academy awards, a bunch of limp wristed Brits and French boys get awards yet Spike Lee, Blair Underwood, and Idris Elba have none..

Academy Awards should just be called Aryan piss boy European pedophilia awards

8. Black Phoenix

United States
    Ratings:
    +147
    ...or we can just do our own thing and stop begging to play reindeer games...

People seem to forget that others have always invaded our spaces to see what the cool kids were doing and had invented....then the culture vultures put bows on our creations and acted like they were integral to our ingenuity.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016