Black Entertainment : Watch: Quentin Tarantino Says ‘Ghetto’ During Golden Globes Speech, but It’s Not a Slight Against Bl

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
Watch: Quentin Tarantino Says ‘Ghetto’ During Golden Globes Speech, but It’s Not a Slight Against Blacks

He used the word in its broader sense, the way it was used before white Americans turned it into a charged word associated only with blacks. If anything, movie composers should feel a way, but not black Americans.

gettyimages504509296.jpg.CROP.rtstoryvar-large.jpg

Quentin Tarantino accepts the award for Best Original Score—Motion Picture for The Hateful Eight during the 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Jan. 10, 2016, in California.

Handout from NBCUniversal

I bet when Ennio Morricone (or the Hollywood Foreign Press Association) asked Quentin Tarantino to accept the award for best original score on Morricone's behalf during Sunday night's Golden Globes ceremony, they didn't think that Tarantino's speech would cause controversy.

Then again, it is Quentin Tarantino, so they had to know something interesting was going to come flying out of that man's mouth.

Tarantino began appropriately by showering Morricone with praise: "This is really cool. Do you realize that Ennio Morricone ... is, as far as I am concerned, my favorite composer?" Tarantino told the crowd. Morricone won the award for his work on the movie The Hateful Eight.

Then Tarantino's compliments crept into awkward territory when he went on to utter one word: "ghetto."

"And when I say 'favorite composer,' " Tarantino continued, "I don't mean movie composer—that ghetto—I'm talking about Mozart, I’m talking Beethoven, I’m talking Schubert; that's who I'm talking about."

Read more

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/the_gr...s_not_a.html?wpisrc=burger?wpisrc=mostpopular

why do the "golden globes" even matter lol
:rofl:

LOL... None of the white award shows matter much to. me.

I think Tarantino is one of those white guys who thinks he has earned some kind of honorary AA status. He thinks he can say and do things other white folks no better than. Ad, he's been called out on this before. He better tread lightly.....

Do any Blacks honestly care if Caucasians say "hood"? Or any other word for that matter.
It has allways baffled me, why some Blacks do seem to care. What we have to think about is that this is all "temporary". We are around 1,3 billion today, and within a couple of decades we will be around 5,6 Billion. About half of the world, the other half will be in Asia. Caucasians will be around 6-7 percent of the world population, and Caucasian male will be around 3 percent. By 2050 Africas GDP will be equivalent to Europa and America COMBINED! Look it all up guys:toast:

PS: I apologize off topic.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back