Law Forum : Watch FSU QB De'Andre Johnson punch woman in face at bar

Not a chance. To be successful in a civil action one has to show injury or damages
One has video footage. Who struck whom first?

. Johnson wasn't hurt. Also, the law isn't very generous to plaintiffs with what it calls "unclean hands." Also, I believe the term "counter-sue" doesn't apply in this case because he isn't being sued by anyone--at least not yet. He's being charged with a crime.
Well then drop the counter and sue. File a complaint/press a charge. The footage shows he can take as much legal action as the yt girl.
Whatever your conjecture/speculations amounts to, the fact of the matter, as evinced in the video clip demonstrates that johnson has a case.

he got what he deserved. Somebody has to teach the young to always be aware of their own context. What did she have to lose? versus.. what did he have to lose?.. it's not a simple matter of "she hit me so I hit her back".. that only works in elementary school yards.. as a full grown man.. he needed to learn what he just learned.. too bad he had to lose something to learn it.. but as my grandmother used to say, "bought sense is better than told."

One has video footage. Who struck whom first?

Well then drop the counter and sue. File a complaint/press a charge. The footage shows he can take as much legal action as the yt girl.
Whatever your conjecture/speculations amounts to, the fact of the matter, as evinced in the video clip demonstrates that johnson has a case.

To sue one has to show damages. Johnson wasn't damaged in any way. He's a freshment in college, which leads one to believe he's underage and should not have been in the bar in the first place. The footage does NOT show he can take as much legal action as the woman because their actions were not proportionate to each other. Her swing mostly missed him while his punch caught her squarely in the face. In criminal matters it's not the victim who has a case but the state, which represents the people in a criminal matter. He's charged with misdemeanor battery. Any judge or jury is going to take one look at that footage and find him guilty.

To sue one has to show damages. Johnson wasn't damaged in any way. He's a freshment in college, which leads one to believe he's underage and should not have been in the bar in the first place. The footage does NOT show he can take as much legal action as the woman because their actions were not proportionate to each other. Her swing mostly missed him while his punch caught her squarely in the face. In criminal matters it's not the victim who has a case but the state, which represents the people in a criminal matter. He's charged with misdemeanor battery. Any judge or jury is going to take one look at that footage and find him guilty.
Answer this first:

'Yes or no": Did she assault him or not?

Show me a law that says you have to be "damaged" in order to sue.

Is it illegal to be in a bar "under aged"? 'Yes or no'.

The footage show the boy trying to get to the bar.

The boy and the girl made back to back contact, which
is when she turned around and addressed him.

She raised her fist at him. He restrained her. There was
verbal exchange. She swung at him and kicked him. Then
he rocked that snot-box.

" their actions were not proportionate to each other", is a joke.
What does "proportionate" look like? That's florida, home
of "stand your ground". That proportionate angle would
get destroyed by a semi-competent lawyer.

"Her swing mostly missed him" Mostly missed him? Either
she hit him, or she didn't? Don't blur the lines now. If you
swung on me and "mostly missed", and when I retaliate on
you, I do not have to "mostly miss". That's like saying you
shoot a gun at me, graze me and I return fire and ping you
in the in the collarbone, I am in the wrong because the
bullet from your gun barely hit me. Idiotic, that kind of logic/reasoning.

Any judge or jury is going to take one look at that footage and find him guilty.

Given that it took place on florida involving a black male and white female, to that
end you may a point. This is the same school where a white woman accused a black man
of rape, and the black man got off, which doesn't sit right with the stars'n'bars-ethos.

But it would not be based on that tape unless that evidence is made inadmissible in court.

He didn't press a charge against her. I don't know why, yet that is his right.
I would've exorcized my right differently.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back