Law Forum : Watch FSU QB De'Andre Johnson punch woman in face at bar

KMeister

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 27, 2013
Talk about a reckless move that is a life-changer!

johnson-deandre-7615-us-news-video-ftr_xeemae732ryh12xgnc2er15sj.png

Johnson has been charged with misdemeanor battery and has been kicked off the FSU football team. From what I've read online, Florida law allows a person to defend himself but only with the force necessary to repel an attacker. A man hitting a woman who pushed or tapped him is just not going to garner much sympathy.

Watch FSU QB De'Andre Johnson punch woman in face at bar

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/watch_video_of_fsu_qb_deandre.html

Surveillance footage of Florida State freshman quarterback De'Andre Johnson punching a female student in the face at a bar last month was released by the State Attorney's Office in Tallahassee, Florida on Monday.

Johnson, 19, faces a misdemeanor battery charge for the incident and is currently suspended from the football team indefinitely.

In the video above, Johnson enters the bottom of the screen in the center and is seen wearing a hat. The 21-year-old female FSU student swings on the quarterback, who responds with a punch of his own.

<snip>

He has apologized. I wonder if he'll get a second chance to play football somewhere?

De'Andre Johnson breaks his silence on ABC's GMA

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sp...s-silence-abcs-good-morning-america/30125787/

Breaking his silence, former Florida State freshman quarterback De'Andre Johnson expressed remorse and regret in an interview that aired Tuesday on ABC's Good Morning America for his role in an incident at a Tallahassee bar.

Johnson, who was dismissed from the FSU football team on July 6 after video of him punching a woman was published, says he should have removed himself from the situation and declined to comment on whether he was drinking while at the bar on June 24.
<snip>

It's unfortunate.
She should've kept her hands to herself.
Given the climate at fsu with the winston
issue, if for no reason other than pr, he
had to go.

I think he will find himself on a college
team, because this is a really good athlete.

I saw him in the their spring game and remember
watching him in on of those high-school all-american
games.

I think he'll be okay....

It's unfortunate.
She should've kept her hands to herself.
Given the climate at fsu with the winston
issue, if for no reason other than pr, he
had to go.

I think he will find himself on a college
team, because this is a really good athlete.

I saw him in the their spring game and remember
watching him in on of those high-school all-american
games.

I think he'll be okay....
What about the misdemeanor battery charge. Should he just plead guilty and take his medicine?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back