destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I just wanted to share that I've been using only conditioner, when washing my hair, no shampoo / soap.

I got this idea from Sister Bootzey. It's posted here somewhere on the forum.

The reason I started doing it, was because washing my hair is such a chore, that removing a step was very attractive to me.

I've not noticed any negative (or positive) impact on my hair, directly related to this, but I'm loving that it takes less time to do!

Thanks Sister Bootzey!

:heart:

Destee

but conditioner doesn't clean you hair, just moisturizes it. Wouldn't you have to at least wash it once a while with shampoo? I wash my hair with shampoo like once a week with the avoidance of washing my hair in between the days i use shampoo. Sometimes I end up washing my hair like 4 times a week :( not a good idea, but honestly it's so much easier to brush out my tangles.

but conditioner doesn't clean you hair, just moisturizes it. Wouldn't you have to at least wash it once a while with shampoo? I wash my hair with shampoo like once a week with the avoidance of washing my hair in between the days i use shampoo. Sometimes I end up washing my hair like 4 times a week :( not a good idea, but honestly it's so much easier to brush out my tangles.

Sister Pinkfighter ... I think water alone does a fine job cleaning my hair. As I said above, so far I've not had any negative results from doing this, but if my hair starts stinking or something, I'll adjust.

Thanks for sharing.

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

I just wanted to share that I've been using only conditioner, when washing my hair, no shampoo / soap.

I got this idea from Sister Bootzey. It's posted here somewhere on the forum.

The reason I started doing it, was because washing my hair is such a chore, that removing a step was very attractive to me.

I've not noticed any negative (or positive) impact on my hair, directly related to this, but I'm loving that it takes less time to do!

Thanks Sister Bootzey!

Destee

You are very welcome Sister D! That is what this forum is for to share what works for us with each other.

Conditioner actually has sudsing agent in it that will cleanse the hair. If you use large amounts of the inexpensive stuff you will notice the suds. The practice has been named "NO POO-ing". Before my locs it was the how I washed my hair. And if I every felt like I wanted it cleaner than conditioner left it, I'd use straight vinager.

Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back