Egypt : Was West Africa populated by Egyptians?

Peace....

I can accept the fact that you are a Moorish fellow. That I also have no problem with, but it is the un/intentional goal to force Moorish ideology that I have contention with - not saying that this you. star)

Peace beloved...I do not will not and have not forced Moorish ideology on anyone. You asked for a timeline concerning the birth record of Man in reference to the continental drift. Youve placed your ideologies on the table and Ive placed mines. Out of all that I have said in response to your well laid out dialouge I have only said 7 words directly from Moorish science. "time never was when Man was not" That is actually a very universal truth. It ony implies that Man is much more than flesh and a part of God. Here is some another portion of a reference...Peace

The History of The Purple People
From the Bronze Age to the Fall of Rome
A. Introduction
Located at the eastern edge of the Mediterranean Sea and the western edge of Asia Minor, the Levant is the land of the Bible, the source of the religions of Jews, Christians, and Moslems. A pivotal point for communication and conflict between Egypt, Mesopotamia, Anatolia, it is both the heartland of a culture and a crossroads for many cultures. A people must be adaptable to survive in an area traversed by numerous tribes and which is the front between large empires, or else they will be absorbed by the conquerors. The area includes what are now called Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Israel/ Palestine. While current cultures are largely Moslem, they include significant populations of Jews and Christians. Many people still live in cities founded by the Canaanites and Phoenicians 5,000 years ago and continually occupied since then (some cities even go bck to 7,000 BCE). We use alphabets derived from theirs, but few written records remain from them. The faiths of The Book (Torah, Bible, and Quran/ Koran) derive from theirs, but they practised a religion of ecstasies. Who were they? What were they like? To answer these questions, we must look to Archaeology.

D. The Phoenician Period - 1200 to 330 BCE
900 Years of Trade and Influence
The term "Phoenician" is used by scholars to distinguish the Iron Age from the Bronze Age in the Levant, although the culture is essentially the same as the Canaanite and the people never referred to themselves as "Phoenicians," a Greek term. Unfortunately we have little information about the Phoenicians written by themselves. This is not because they were not culturally important nor because they didn't write - after all they invented the alphabet -, but due to a situation created by a mixture of environmental, political, and economic factors. The city of Byblos has given its name to the Greek word for "book," the word which became the name of the Christian holy book, the Bible, for the Phoenicians were the Western world's major dealers in papyrus, buying from the Egyptians who were not seafarers, and dealing it around the Mediterranean to Greeks, Romans, and anyone else with money or trade.

But papyrus, like paper, biodegrades. Many papyrus scrolls in Egypt survived largely by chance, because of the extremely dry climate. Other texts were painted on the walls of tombs and temples. The Phoenicians wrote primarily on papyrus and few but fragments remain. All that survives are hardly a few dozen commemorative engravings on stone. Much of what we know comes from the writings of those with whom they traded or who, like the Greeks, were their rivals, and none too flattering in their jealousy. The Phoenicians were characterized by their chief competitors as intelligent, shrewd, cunning, proud, arrogant, mysterious, and intensely religious. In fact, the writing system of the Phoenicians is the source of the writing systems of nearly all of Europe, including Greek, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, and the Roman alphabet (which you are reading now) which is used even for non-European languages like Indonesian and Vietnamese.

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Humm...

Peace beloved...I do not will not and have not forced Moorish ideology on anyone. You asked for a timeline concerning the birth record of Man in reference to the continental drift. Youve placed your ideologies on the table and Ive placed mines

Peace beloved...I do not will not and have not forced Moorish ideology on anyone. You asked for a timeline concerning the birth record of Man in reference to the continental drift. Youve placed your ideologies on the table and Ive placed mines. Out of all that I have said in response to your well laid out dialouge I have only said 7 words directly from Moorish science. "time never was when Man was not" That is actually a very universal truth. It ony implies that Man is much more than flesh and a part of God. Here is some another portion of a reference...Peace

The History of The Purple People
From the Bronze Age to the Fall of Rome
A. Introduction
Located at the eastern edge of the Mediterranean Sea and the western edge of Asia Minor, the Levant is the land of the Bible, the source of the religions of Jews, Christians, and Moslems. A pivotal point for communication and conflict between Egypt, Mesopotamia, Anatolia, it is both the heartland of a culture and a crossroads for many cultures. A people must be adaptable to survive in an area traversed by numerous tribes and which is the front between large empires, or else they will be absorbed by the conquerors. The area includes what are now called Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, and Israel/ Palestine. While current cultures are largely Moslem, they include significant populations of Jews and Christians. Many people still live in cities founded by the Canaanites and Phoenicians 5,000 years ago and continually occupied since then (some cities even go bck to 7,000 BCE). We use alphabets derived from theirs, but few written records remain from them. The faiths of The Book (Torah, Bible, and Quran/ Koran) derive from theirs, but they practised a religion of ecstasies. Who were they? What were they like? To answer these questions, we must look to Archaeology.

D. The Phoenician Period - 1200 to 330 BCE
900 Years of Trade and Influence
The term "Phoenician" is used by scholars to distinguish the Iron Age from the Bronze Age in the Levant, although the culture is essentially the same as the Canaanite and the people never referred to themselves as "Phoenicians," a Greek term. Unfortunately we have little information about the Phoenicians written by themselves. This is not because they were not culturally important nor because they didn't write - after all they invented the alphabet -, but due to a situation created by a mixture of environmental, political, and economic factors. The city of Byblos has given its name to the Greek word for "book," the word which became the name of the Christian holy book, the Bible, for the Phoenicians were the Western world's major dealers in papyrus, buying from the Egyptians who were not seafarers, and dealing it around the Mediterranean to Greeks, Romans, and anyone else with money or trade.

But papyrus, like paper, biodegrades. Many papyrus scrolls in Egypt survived largely by chance, because of the extremely dry climate. Other texts were painted on the walls of tombs and temples. The Phoenicians wrote primarily on papyrus and few but fragments remain. All that survives are hardly a few dozen commemorative engravings on stone. Much of what we know comes from the writings of those with whom they traded or who, like the Greeks, were their rivals, and none too flattering in their jealousy. The Phoenicians were characterized by their chief competitors as intelligent, shrewd, cunning, proud, arrogant, mysterious, and intensely religious. In fact, the writing system of the Phoenicians is the source of the writing systems of nearly all of Europe, including Greek, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, and the Roman alphabet (which you are reading now) which is used even for non-European languages like Indonesian and Vietnamese.

Peace doc....

First off, I do not subscribe to any particular ideology as I've found I hold thoughts that are unique and self-created nor am I indebted to any religious belief system for my historical content. I am a seeker of knowledge and facts, but more importantly, I am willing to change my "beliefs" based on veritable evidence. So I'm sorry, doc, but I'm not enslaved by any ideology, if you will, except my own - which can change and has changed through the years - and that is based on my over 20 years of individual research, personal academic background (cultural anthropology and physical anthropology), training (excavation internships at Poverty Point and Chaco Canyon) and exposure. That said - I did ask for a timeline and I requested for one that surpasses 4000 years ago. I am still waiting on that request to be satisfied.

In an attempt to honor that request, you have provided me with three items. One was, in your own words:
"Out of all that I have said in response to your well laid out dialouge I have only said 7 words directly from Moorish science. "time never was when Man was not" That is actually a very universal truth."
I had my concerns with the initial statement and those concerns were verified by your aforementioned comment.

Next you submitted as Exhibit B an article written that presupposes the development of human beings was localized and therefore Homo sapiens sapiens comprise of a variety of "races" unrelated to each other and independent in their own inception. I responded that I can consider the possibility of this in light of more evidence supporting it. Yet this did not, as well, address my initial request.

Lastly, you have provided Exhibit C which gives a brief synopsis of the human presence and development in the Levant. I am aware of the this development as well going back to the Natufian people and culture, a group with genetic, morphological and cultural affinities to both the Naqadan culture of Lower Kmt and the Badarian people and culture of Upper Kmt, and its predecessor culture, the Kebaran culture. This is fine and I thank you for the refresher since I haven't studied the ancient Levant since 2002, but even this does not fulfill my request of a timeline.

So as you see, you have given me items, but unfortunately, the information has been for the most part a refreshener and has not supported your claims that the ancient Kana'niy (Canaanites), the people of Kana'n, were dispatched by the pharoahs of Egypt westward to settle and civilize West Africa, extending over to the Western Hemisphere before the continents divided. So unless you can dig deeper and provide some very compulsive information, we can consider this discussion closed and any talk in the proposed direction mute.

Blackbird

Bro. RU brought up a very important fact and that is African societies were not static geopolitical entities. It was not uncommon to find a town within a particular ethnic group's region to be inhabited by diverse peoples from a variety of ethnic groups. A town in the Borgu region of modern-day Benin, back in historical times, may have the native Bariba people as well as Nupe, Djerma, Hausa, Yoruba, Fon, Mahi, Idoma, Dyula or Igala residents.

We know that the Dyula and the Hausa peoples were the untiring and infamous long-range traders of West Africa and as such , many West Africa towns and cities may have had partitioned sections devoted to these traders, especially those places along interstate trade routes. As such, these Hausa and Dyula middlemen established extensive networks and guilds with their fellow countrymen to carry out their professions.

This is one of the reasons I suggested that West African peoples, and African peoples in general, are not tribes and by considering them as tribes we limit our perception of the international and intercultural dynamics that took place among them, forcing us to gain inaccurate perspectives of the social world of Africa and make ill-informed conclusions to the nature of the lives of these people.

We can not take a simple approach to the peopling of West Africa and the forming of the present ethnic classifications of the land. It would by egregious for us to assume a simplistic understanding of West Africa is enough to suffice for a workable knowledge of the history of this part of Africa.

Did East African people migrate to West Africa? Of course. But as Bro. RU stated, West Africans also migrate eastward. The Halpulaar that Uncle Omo speaks about originated in the Fouta Toro region of Senegal, but by the 19th century, they were spread out into Sierra Leone and Guinea in the south to Nigeria, Cameroon and the Sudan in the east. So we can see our people always moved around and many times the lines of division were blurred due to this movement.

Blackbird

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back