Black People : Was there Slavery in Africa Before the Arabs?

This is the pretty much par for the course of Christianity and Christians. They will forgive everyone as long as your not homosexual, and the FIRST people they need to forgive is the ones that causes the BIGGEST trouble - whites.

I don't know why that is, it just is.
did you know Nat Turner was a preacher, and have you ever heard Jeremiah Whirght or Adam Clayton Powell excuse white folks or how about Father Laurence Lucas? have you heard what he has to say about that?

Folks don't like being stereoptyped but,

thro stereotypes around like it is a badge of honor

did you know Nat Turner was a preacher, and have you ever heard Jeremiah Whirght or Adam Clayton Powell excuse white folks or how about Father Laurence Lucas? have you heard what he has to say about that?

Folks don't like being stereoptyped but,

thro stereotypes around like it is a badge of honor

OK, I'm sorry for being a stereotypical negro :SuN041:

but they are all sexist.
and homophobic.

Some people are fond of excusing American slavery by pointing to the slavery that existed in Africa. While it is true that the Arab led transcontinental slave trade preceded the European led slave trade by hundreds of years, it is also true that Arabs are not African and Islam is not indigenous to Africa.

So the question is was there slavery in Africa before the Arabs?

The burden of proof is on those who say there was.

Slavery existed in some of Africa's earliest organized societies. More than 3,500 years ago, ancient Egyptians raided neighboring societies for slaves, and the buying and selling of slaves were regular activities in cities along the Nile River. However, whereas the Egyptians left behind written records of their activities, most other early African states and societies did not. Therefore, our understanding of most early African practices of slavery is based on much more recent observations of African traditions regarding slavery and kinship and on oral histories.

http://autocww.colorado.edu/~blackmon/E64ContentFiles/AfricanHistory/SlaveryInAfrica.html

Just put up your counter argument. Can you do that? Put up or shut up. Be a man. then we can have a discussion. how can we have a discussion if you aren't willing to state your case? It's weak. like the christian.

bump.
the facts were posted in the previous thread. look it up. read a book. obviously, you disagree with the facts that already have been amply discussed. put up your argument against, and stop asking the same lame question. obviously, you disagree with the facts as laid out previously. so then make your argument. if you can't provide a counter argument, why bring it up again? MAN UP

It is interersting that infantile rage over investigating something of the past,
usually reminds folks of George Bush's comment right after 9/11;

With all of the many posts that repeat subjects and incidents, why all of a sudden like in the Wizard of Oz;
DON'T LOOK BEHIND THAT CURTAIN?

kind of response to a simple question regarding African history, that may have been discussed in other sections but not this one.

Why does this seem like an attempt to cover up something?

Just put up your counter argument. Can you do that? Put up or shut up. Be a man. then we can have a discussion. how can we have a discussion if you aren't willing to state your case? It's weak. like the christian.
:SuN049::SuN049::SuN049::SuN049:

My case was stated, plainly and simply but some are so filled with hate then they responded in that way as if they have a need to bring baggage to this discussion as well as past hatreds and animosities like a 7 year old child playing the dozens in a school yard;
How can you be a black nationalist and a YT apologist at the same time?
The contradiction that kills your soul. "I am a black nationalist, but a Christian. So, I must find a way to absolve YT (the christian missionary) of his integral part in my enslavement, while at the same time promote my blackness and play like I hate YT. OOOHHH how my head hurts."

and you go back to that religious hate thing interesting, and it says alot, care to discuss the

Yoruba wars and slavery?

on this side of the website?

Men discuss things intelligently instead of haveing juvenlie infantile tantrums

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back