Black People : Was Slavery Our (African people) Own Fault? (PDF document)

Why did the African not have updated weaponry to defeat the Arabs and Europeans? Was this a result of lacking access to sea ports to import and export? Steele weapons,guns,cannons, why were these not manufactured,or imported in to Africa before the European and Arabs arrived?

Who has the best equipped military in Africa at the present time? African Americans need private security firms in every urban area,something like black water,to protect us "just in case"?

Why did the African not have updated weaponry to defeat the Arabs and Europeans? Was this a result of lacking access to sea ports to import and export? Steele weapons,guns,cannons, why were these not manufactured,or imported in to Africa before the European and Arabs arrived?

Why did indigenous people of the caribbean/western world not improve on their medicines to
fight syphilis or small pox? Was this the result of inferior immune systems and or lacking
access to medicines that could help remedy then never before seen/heard of diseases
to the people I speak of?

Please, help me understand your premise Therious.

I think we fall short when we look at slavery as in pertains to us. The truth of the matter is Africans have been dealing with slavery for over 3000 years at the hands of foreigners. When it comes to slavery I think the emphasis should be more focused on what we endured as the result of slavery and how slavery changed us more than anyone else. Different people have been enslaved throughout history. The difference with us is when we were conquered and enslaved by Arabs and Persians they breed into existence a loyal class of people from the Africans that would fervently continue the work of their fathers in their absence. Though these were swarthy dark skinned people they had no allegiance with Africans. This is where people are coming up with Africans were selling Africans in the since of Blacks selling Blacks. Nothing could be further from the truth. What Europeans did was change our identity. We were Akan, Wolof, Beti, Ebo, Yoruba, etc before we were captured. Once we were captured we became Negros. We all were Negros. By the third generation of slavery we were nothing but Negros in our mind because whatever African identity we had was gone. This still plagues us today. This was the difference. The Irish was enslaved and the end of the day they were still Irish. The African was enslaved and at the end of the day we were Negros.

Also when White people try to come at me with that Africans sold Africans argument I ask them what does that have to do with the involvement of their ancestors? If someone was selling human beings as slaves right now and you bought them would you not be wrong? Are you not responsible for your actions? Is someone forcing you to buy slaves? Do you not have any other options? Bottom line is that argument is an attempt to shift the responsibility of their ancestors actions to the victim. This is the same as a child getting trouble for doing something wrong and saying "But anyone else was doing it too". Weak..

Recently during my sociology class we were discussing this same issue when one of the white women in the class proclaimed...

"Well, your people sold you to us..."

What she said angered me, but the unquestioned agreement by one of the black women in class angered me more. Unfortunately, I could offer no defense and I became even angrier with myself for being helpless. Truth be told, few people understand the dyanamics of what happened back then. Many black folks, like myself, seldom know what to say when confronted with this kind of defense from whites. It's not so much we believe it, rather we don't know the facts behind it. I mean, I've never thoght "my people" sold my ancestors. I just didn't have an answer. I wish I would have known all of this back then so I could have wiped the smug look of triumph off her white face.

Allegiance with the truth

Recently during my sociology class we were discussing this same issue when one of the white women in the class proclaimed...

"Well, your people sold you to us..."

What she said angered me, but the unquestioned agreement by one of the black women in class angered me more. Unfortunately, I could offer no defense and I became even angrier with myself for being helpless. Truth be told, few people understand the dyanamics of what happened back then. Many black folks, like myself, seldom know what to say when confronted with this kind of defense from whites. It's not so much we believe it, rather we don't know the facts behind it. I mean, I've never thoght "my people" sold my ancestors. I just didn't have an answer. I wish I would have known all of this back then so I could have wiped the smug look of triumph off her white face.

I suggest you read John G. Jackson's Introduction to African Civilization. The esteemed Historian breaks down the slavery issue completely. He goes back to the Hyksos invasion of Egypt, The Assyrian invasion of Egypt, The conquest of Alexander the Great (homo), The Roman conquest of Carthage, The Roman conquest of Egypt, The Catholic invasion of Egypt and slaughter of Hypatia, The Arab invasion and subsequent creation of the great Islamic Empires of Ghana, Mali and Songhai, the Spanish and Portuguese invasion of Africa and Middle Passage Slave trade. The great fact that he introduces with thorough documented evidence is slavery is not a product of Africa but was introduced by way Middle Eastern and Eurasia invaders. Slavery is not a part of African philosophy. As I explained the people enslaving and trading Africans were dark skinned product Arab fathers and African slave mothers. These were not true Africans. Europeans learned these tactics as well. Also you must consider that the concept of race was not in effect in those days. African valued tribal ancestral identity. The concept of grouping humans by physical attributes was not yet anything Africans considered as valid. What these pseudo scholars are doing is thinking in terms of race when race didn't exists. We were introduced to the concept of race when Portuguese labeled us as Negroes. They try to do the same thing with the Bible. Race is never mentioned there either.

Do not challenge your professors with this knowledge. Pass it on to brothers and sisters who are confused. Challenging you professor will only cause you to be labeled as a trouble maker or worse a militant. Unfortunately because we don't have our own institutions higher learning we forced to glean knowledge from the next best thing. Consider your class an end to a means. It's more important that you obtain a degree than be right. Besides it's futile trying to correct them. What you must understand is there is politics behind their institutions of learning. Part of that was to wipe out our institutions. This is why the Romans destroyed the Library of Carthage over 2000 years ago. What your professors were speaking of was His Story. We need to be proficient in Our story to know the difference.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back