Black Spirituality Religion : was Noah's flood real?

river said:
I noticed you said you "used to" have this theory. What led you to abandon it? Did you find another theory on this issue?

Looking at the Tower of Babel as a myth I see that it represents a lot of things. If indeed it was a pyramid then the goal was not to reach a physical heaven but a spiritual one. You can't even begin to build the base of a pyramid until you know exactly how tall it is going to be. Every stone has to be cut to a precise slope so that the top comes to a point. Clearly, the white man saw the technology and spiritual energy of the other racest as a threat to his meager abilities and his concept of God which did not rise above himself. That's why we see in the story surrounding the tower and throughout the whole bible this feeble minded diety who is so easily intimidated by the potential of man.

actually it was a bad choice of words on my part, i still feel this way because like the rest of the bible, this has too many flaws in it. this "tower" was built during the iorn age but they used brick for such a large structure?

MYTHS ABOUT NOAH

The Myth: The flood covered the entire earth and all the mountains.

“Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered. (Gen. 7:20).

The Reality: Fifteen cubits equals a depth of approximately twenty-five feet enough to cover land, but not any mountains.

Herodotus writing about 500BC said: 2.13] “One fact which I learnt of the priests is to me a strong evidence of the origin of the country. They said that when Moeris was king, the Nile overflowed all Egypt below Memphis, as soon as it rose so little as eight cubits. Now Moeris had not been dead 900 years at the time when I heard this of the priests; yet at the present day, unless the river rise sixteen, or, at the very least, fifteen cubits, it does not overflow the lands.” Its amazing when talking about the Nile the bible and Egyptians associated 15 cubits with flooding.

Although Genesis says that the flood rose high enough to cover all the mountains, it gives that height as fifteen cubits. The cubit has an approximate length of fifty-centimeters or about twenty inches. Fifteen cubits measure about 25 feet, not quite high enough to cover a good size hill, house, let alone mountains.

The discrepancy in the Bible between the images of a worldwide flood covering mountains and of a shallow flood only 25 feet deep arises from the fact that one of the two flood stories in Genesis was based on the seasonal calendar and referred to the annual Egyptian flood season, during which the Nile overflowed its banks, while the other Genesis flood story referred to the Nun (Egyptian Water), the primeval flood in Egyptian mythology.

The Myth: After the flood, Noah sacrificed all the clean animals

And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar (Gen 8:20).

The Reality: Noah couldn’t sacrifice all the clean animals because some of them were necessary to breed more of the species.

Noah brought aboard the boat seven pairs of each clean species, I.e species fit for sacrifice. Genesis 8:20 says that after the flood, Noah sacrificed all the clean animals on an altar. Since clean animals survived down to the present time, Noah couldn’t have sacrificed them all.

NOAH’S LOST ARK

THE MYTH: The ark landed on the mountains of Ararat.

And ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat. (Gen 8:4).

THE REALITY: The mountain in the flood story originally referred to the primeval mountain in Egypt. After the Israelites moved to Canaan, they changed the location to the mountains of Ararat, believed to be the highest point in the world.

According to Genesis 8:4, Noah’s ark landed on top of the mountains of Ararat. Most people who refer to this event speak of the location as MT. Ararat, but the Bible says only that it was one of the mountains of Ararat. It doesn’t say which one. The area encompassed by ancient Ararat now crosses the borders of modern Turkey, Russia, Iran, and Iraq.

Genesis 11:2, however, implies that the survivors of the flood landed at a far different location. According to that verse, the survivors traveled from some unidentified location east of Babylon and moved westward towards Babylon. It was in the plain of Shinar, the territory surrounding Babylon, that those survivors incurred God’s wrath by attempting to build the tower of Babel.

Ararat, however, is way to the north and slightly to the west of Babylon. The survivors would have had to travel southeast of Ararat, not west, to get to Shinar.

If you are at Ararat, you can’t get to Shinar by traveling towards the west. You have to go southeast. That the travelers came from the east reflects the flood story origins as a variation of the Hermopolitan Creation myth. In the Egyptian story, the Creator god Re first appeared as a young child floating on lotus. When he became an adult, he initiated the acts of creation. This means young Re traveled west on his lotus leaf (Ark?) growing older as the sun moved through the sky.

The mountain where the ark landed would have been the primeval mountain in Egypt, the first land where the Egyptian creator stood and performed his acts. When biblical editors no longer identified the flood story with Egyptian creation myth, they moved the Ark to a mountain ranged believed to be higher than any other. Since the biblical story has a different mountain name than in the Babylonian flood myth, the change of locale from Egypt to Ararat probably occurred before Babylon conquered Israel in 587BC.

Noah’s lost Ark was lost but now found in the original mythological stories told on the Banks of the Nile in Egypt.

Yes, the flood was real. Trying to explain it the way you'd feel it would happen today won't help you understand how it happened. Things were much different today than it is now.

People were far more righteous, but day after day, things get worse.

Like much in the Holy Doctrine, it requires faith to understand, and belief and trust in the Father and His Son to have wisdom in matters which we weren't there to see, but know in our KING, the Most High, have happened since nothing be impossible for He to achieve. :)

We're to believe that the Son was crucified for the sins of men and women, came as a light to the Nations, salvation to Israel, and was resurrected the 3rd day after being in the belly of the earth, that we may find redemption. I think believing in Noe's shouldn't be a difficult thing, that considered.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back