Black People : was MLK a point guard?

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
i see no less than five NBA games on my calendar today. i'm happy that the brothers can hoop, keep them off the street corners and all but i see not one word about social justice.

IMO - MLK was all about economic justice, civil rights and social justice. he was for non violence and ending the wars.

i notice all that talk has been neatly expunged from MLK day.

the matrix at work.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

was MLK a point guard?

i see no less than five NBA games on my calendar today. i'm happy that the brothers can hoop, keep them off the street corners and all but i see not one word about social justice.

IMO - MLK was all about economic justice, civil rights and social justice. he was for non violence and ending the wars.

i notice all that talk has been neatly expunged from MLK day.

the matrix at work.

Distinctly heard Andy Young verify on Tom Joiner this morning that he was short enjoy to play point (5'7"), but enjoyed under the basket better and played ferocious, even though he could shoot with either hand :).

Andy also said King was good at pool (billiiards, lol). All these skills were to get the attention of brothers, in order to reach them. Andy also said they had a 6'5" guy that worked in a kitchen, this was because scholarships were withheld back then, a lot; so King decided to take this same fellow with them and he became well known in the movement.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

LOL picture MLK banging in the paint,getting boards like Rodman!

That's the attitude Therious...King was a human as well:). He did the same things all of us have done, for the most part. King also smoked cigarettes, but no one hardly wants to talk about that. The same with President Obama, a cigarette smoker.

What I posted came from someone that truly knew the man King, Andy Young. Glad you saw the point, according to Young, King was a banger under the boards, lol; but could shoot with either hand, awesome, no wonder he was a dynamic orator. And oh, President Obama is a pretty good baller himself:)...coincidence?(wow)

Thanks for seeing the human side of Martin, as they once said, "all work and no play makes Jackie a dull boy." Guess that's not true anymore, just work, work and more work, get burned out...smh

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back