Brother AACOOLDRE : Was Lincoln Gay? Yes Avccording to 1865 conspriacy trial

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Jan 26, 2005.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    MARY SIMMS (colored.)
    For the Prosecution.—May 25.
    I know that prisoner yonder, Dr. Samuel Mudd [pointing to the accused, Samuel A.
    Mudd.] I was his slave, and lived with him four years; I left him about a month before this
    Christmas gone. I heard him talk about President Lincoln. He said that he stole in there at
    night, dressed in woman’s clothes; that he lay in watch for him, and if he had come in right
    TESTIMONY CONCERNING SAMUEL A. MUDD 4
    they would have killed him. He said nothing about shooting him; he would have killed
    him, he said, if he had come in right, but he could not; he was dressed in woman’s clothes.
    A man named John Surratt and a man named Walter Bowie, visited Dr. Mudd’s last
    summer. Mr. Surratt was a young-looking man, slim made, not very tall, nor very short,
    and his hair was light. He came very often. Dr. Samuel Mudd and his wife both called
    him Mr. Surratt; they all called him that. He was there almost every Saturday night to
    Monday night; and when he would go to Virginia and come back he would stop there. He
    did not sleep at Dr. Mudd’s, but out in the woods. Besides him, there was a Captain
    White, from Tennessee, they said; a Captain Perry, Lieutenant Perry, Andrew Gwynn,
    Benjamin Gwynn, and George Gwynn; they all slept in the woods. When they came to the
    house to eat, Dr. Mudd would put us out to watch if anybody came; and when we told
    them somebody was coming, they would run into the woods again, and he would make me
    take the victuals out to them. I would set them down, and stand and watch, and then the
    rebs would come out get the victuals. Surratt and Andrew Gwynn were the only two that
    I saw come out and get them. I have seen Surratt in the house, up stairs and in the parlor,
    with Dr. Mudd.

So Lincoln was for freedom all the way down to your underwear

2. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
  3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Does anyone really care?

4. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    Well a book just came out about this and has been dicussed in several magazines articles and talk shows. The Republican party is now anti gay. this anti gay stand helped launch Bush into the white house for a second term. The Republican party was founded in 1854 and Abe was its first prsidential candidate.

When you go into the voting booth lincoln is the symbol. I'm wondering if the Republicans will do away with his image.

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I don't mean to demean the topic you introduced brother AACOOLDRE, this is in no way a personal attack against you. However it is really reaching to try and find out the sexual orientation of a person that has been dead for 140 years! Never having married does not make a man gay. Any "evidence" given to support this view is purely circumstancial & highly speculative. Today's society is obsessed with homosexuality. Looking at past behaviors in modern terms would assess values/customs that were completely different. In the grand scheme of things, it really isn't important anyway. There are other ways to discredit the republican party (hidden abortions, infidelities, Iraq, Enron, Halliburton, etc) than this!

6. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    I agree with you. This article is directed toward the extreme right who are obsessed with peoples sexual oreintation

J.A Rogers wrote "Five Negro presidents". Rogers researched that Lincoln's hair "was more Negroid than caucasian...Lincoln had a secret preying on his mind. was it his race? His enemies harped on it. Herndon says of it: Lincoln often thought of commiting suicide. Why? Did the knowledge of his mother's orrigin or his own press the thought of suicide upon him?" (The hidden Lincoln,p.412,1938". This quote appears as page 8 on Rogers (five Negro presidents). If lincoln didn't like his mother this would be more circumstancial evidence that he may of liked men because he hated his mother with the fact he wore women clothes.