Black Spirituality Religion : Was Jesus Sent to Humanity or Only Israel?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Ralfa'il, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    According to Matthew 10:7 we read Jesus instructing his disciples:

"Go not into the way of the Gentiles....but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

That's a big statement!

So first the Messiah is telling his disciples GO NOT to the gentiles but RATHER go to the lost sheep of Israel.

Even if you WANT to go to the gentiles to save some of them, Jesus said don't do it...stay on the coarse I gave you!

So right here we've established that Jesus and his message wasn't meant for everybody but for only a certain group.

2. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    But it ain't over......

Because Jesus didn't say his purpose was just for Israel....but for the LOST sheep of the house of Israel.

According to the book, Jesus targeted the lost sheep in specific as opposed to those who were found or knew who they were already.

So the question is, who were these "lost sheep"?

I believe they were the various tribes of Israelites who were scattered all over Asia and Africa from earlier invasions by the Assyrians and Chaldeans before the time of Jesus.

The 10 tribes of Northern Israel were conquered by the Assyrians and removed from their land taken across the Tigris and Euprates river never to be read about in the Bible again.

They were replaced by a group of Persians called Samaritans.

But we know of large Hebrew populations all through out India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, southern Iran, and other areas west of the Eurprates all calling themselves House of Israel.

But for some reason, the white man acts like he can't figure out why these people are calling themselves Hebrews.

We know that the southern kingdom of Israel populated by the tribe of Judah and Benjamin was conquered by Chaldeans and much of the population was taken captive back to Babylon; but people often leave out the fact that MOST of the population fled down into Africa before they were attacked...and went off the scene biblically speaking.

We find large populations of people all over Africa from the Ibo of Nigeria to the Lemba of South Africa not to mention the obviously Asiatic populations of Ethiopia and Somalia all claiming either a Hebrew ancestry or atleast an Asiatic ancestry outside of Africa.

Makes sense to me, but white historians constantly scratch thier heads trying to figure out why so many Africans consider themselves Hebrew or Israelite.

The Ethiopians who are called "Falasha" by the West actually call themselves "Beta Yisrail" or House of Israel.

Ethiopians speak a language called Geez which is considered Semetic.

If you want some more...holla...

3. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Jesus message was meant for everyone not just the gentiles . Jesus told them to go to the lost sheep of Israel at that time so that Israel could learn of Jesus and then go tell the gentiles about Jesus .This is proven By Matthew 28 when Jesus said "Go and make disciples of all nations"

4. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Oceolo

Ha haaaa.....

I was waiting for somebody to bring that up.

That's not proving me wrong bro; that's just pointing out another contradiction in your own book.

This is one of the reasons I left Christianity.

Not only is who Jesus was sent to often confusing and contradictory, but the messages of Jesus and Paul often contradict eachother.

In all honesty this thread wasn't meant to be a trap for Christians in which to point out contradictions in the bible, only to show that Jesus wasn't meant to be a world savior. But if it gets too boring........I may just shoot for the contradictions to pass the time.

5. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    Where is the contradiction ? Jesus was sent to Israel so the Israel could learn about the word of Jesus and then Jesus told them to take his word and spread through out the world . So where is the contradiction ?

6. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    If the Bible says Jesus was sent to the lost tribe of the house of Israel, then he allegedly tell his disciples to go out unto the gentiles, that is a contradiction.

If he were sent for everyone, then why make a distinction between so-called Jew and Gentile?

7. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Oceolo

Let's take this nice and slow.....

Matthew 10:7 says:

"Go not into the way of the Gentiles....but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

This is clear instruction NOT to go to the Gentiles.

Not only that, but Jesus clearly says he's ONLY for the lost sheep of Israel.

But in Matthew 28:19 of the very same book it says:

"Go therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Here Jesus clearly tells them to GO to other nations and teach them.

....and you don't see a contradiction in that?

Did Jesus change his mind or purpose?

I can see if he only instructed the disciplines at that particular time not to go to Gentiles until his mission was fullfilled; but according to the Book Jesus went so far as to make it clear that his ONLY purpose was for the lost sheep of Israel. So according to that first statement, he had no other purpose.

8. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    The reason why Jesus went to the jews is because the jews were God 's Chosen people and they were supposed to set the example of what God wanted us to do with our lives , so thats why the jews were told the word of jesus first

9. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Oceolo

Neither the bible nor Jesus state that he was sent to Jews.

He clearly states that he was sent to the LOST SHEEP of the House of Israel, and them only.

10. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    jesus said I am sent only to the lost sheep of Israel so that means HE was sent to Israel but he didnt say that his disciples were never supposed to go to the world he just said for the time being while he was still with them to only go to the lost sheep