Black Relationships : Was I being outta line or was he?

intolerant

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 18, 2003
I was talking to a guy and he said he was at work, and that he had to work overtime, so I was like ok. Well time when on, and the night passed, and I got a text this morning, saying that he is sorry that he did not get back to me and that his phone had died. He called me this morning and we talked and I told him how I felt and how I wish he had texted me last night to at least let me know he was alright, and he responded back, saying "Why you worried about me, when I told you I was at work?" And that was when all hell broke loose, basically and I told him that you make it like there is more that was going on than what you're willing to share with me, and he flew off the handle, hung up in my face basically. I told him that I am sorry for our misunderstanding and that we are still learning each other. I was calm about it... do you feel I that he deserve me telling him sorry and that he was out of line or do you think I was in the wrong?

I was talking to a guy and he said he was at work, and that he had to work overtime, so I was like ok. Well time when on, and the night passed, and I got a text this morning, saying that he is sorry that he did not get back to me and that his phone had died. He called me this morning and we talked and I told him how I felt and how I wish he had texted me last night to at least let me know he was alright, and he responded back, saying "Why you worried about me, when I told you I was at work?" And that was when all hell broke loose, basically and I told him that you make it like there is more that was going on than what you're willing to share with me, and he flew off the handle, hung up in my face basically. I told him that I am sorry for our misunderstanding and that we are still learning each other. I was calm about it... do you feel I that he deserve me telling him sorry and that he was out of line or do you think I was in the wrong?

Actually, this all sounds like some unnecessary drama. In this economy, you know when they tell you to stay, you cant say no. If he is a dawg, it will be revealed soon enough

Do you feel like he owes you an apology? Maybe it is something that got blown out of proportion, maybe it isn't. I don't know his background and I don't know yours. There are a lot of things that can happen in a relationship that can cause a response like this. I am not sure why he got so upset, but maybe something has happened in his past that made him react like this. Do you constantly ask him where he is and what he is doing all the time? One thing I do know for sure, if you tell someone something that you don't like and they continue to do it, and show no sign of trying to understand or respect where you are coming from, then it is best to let it go. That goes for both you and him. If you feel like he should apologize then let him know why. It is all about how he made you feel at that moment, 'cause I know as a woman, if we got some unresolved feelings about something, it can be hard for us to let it go lol! It can linger and cause damage later on, so search yourself and see if you need an apology to move on.

Do you feel like he owes you an apology? Maybe it is something that got blown out of proportion, maybe it isn't. I don't know his background and I don't know yours. There are a lot of things that can happen in a relationship that can cause a response like this. I am not sure why he got so upset, but maybe something has happened in his past that made him react like this. Do you constantly ask him where he is and what he is doing all the time? One thing I do know for sure, if you tell someone something that you don't like and they continue to do it, and show no sign of trying to understand or respect where you are coming from, then it is best to let it go. That goes for both you and him. If you feel like he should apologize then let him know why. It is all about how he made you feel at that moment, 'cause I know as a woman, if we got some unresolved feelings about something, it can be hard for us to let it go lol! It can linger and cause damage later on, so search yourself and see if you need an apology to move on.
no i never ask him where he is. and we barely talked that long. he said he would call me back after he got off work and he didnt so i was tellin him how that made me feel and that was when he started yelling and then hung the phone up.

If he is telling you the truth then you were in the wrong.

Far as that is concerned, I think that you should have given him

The benefit of the doubt.

He apologized for not calling you--and you suggested that he was creeping.

Really, if he doesn't contact you again--he's not doing an error.

I'd tread more lightly were I you.

(Especially since you shouldn't admit this much to him.)

--

Question: How would you like to be at work, struggle to call someone, finally contact them in the morning and be accused of cheating? Yup. That's what happened to him: if he's honest (according to your story).

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back