Black Spirituality Religion : Was Hypatia Black or White?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Some of you may be familiar withh the story of the woman who was a famous Egyptian philosopher and mathematician in Rome when the bishop Cyril had her brutally murdered in 415 C.E. I was under the impression that she was Black so I wanted to use her story on the African Heroes page of my website but when I went to google to find a picture of her all the pictures I saw were of a white woman.

Now I know the original Egytians were Black but by her time the Ptolomies and everybody had pretty much created an "about face." Still, in the book The Black Man of the Nile the author portrays her as if she were Black. Do any of you have any information about this? Do you know of any pictures of her as a Black woman?

Thanks sista Fine52. Please look for my page about African Heroes in the next few days at my site http://www.ebonyminds.com. This site provides information and knowledge for former christians seeking an afrocentric spirituality. Some time ago I had joined a forum for ex-chrisitans but I couldn't feel the people because they seemed to think the only alternative to christianity is atheism. That may be true for whites but with our rich African heritage this just isn't necessary.

Thanks again.

Hotep

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back