Black People : Warriors vs. Worriers

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    They sound very much the same don't they?

What is the difference between a Warrior and a Worrier?

Destee Fam! How many of you are true Warriors! And how many of you will admit to being Worriers?

Let me be the first then...I was once a Warrior. I walked outside into the streets with my chest out. I had nothing to lose. I picked my agendas. I knew what I was fighting for. And I knew who my enemies were. I had people I wanted to protect. People I would die for. That is a Warrior.

I'd hit the ground in the morning and do about 100 reps - 5 times, making that 500 push-ups, in the morning and at nite. A total of 1000 pushups. I was ready for a War. A Warrior is built for War, make no mistake about it. He or She is designed to either deter Wars from taking place with their presence, or position themselves for battle from any angle.

A Warrior can be like many of you. Who have organizations, or know how to organize people to take a stand against something that is coming or happening.

But now...I am a Worrier. Because now I am older. I have things I am afraid of losing. When I go outside, I'm driving as safe as possible...because people are crazy. I spend more time Worrying about people and events that will take place. I see them happening already. I am Worried that I am seeing and feeling things so many of us cannot see.

A Worrier also create posts that give us things to fear, more things to Worry about. A Worrier may at times buy into the culture of Terrorism and Super Governments. If you listen too much to Worriers the walls around you will feel like they are closing in...you feel trapped.

Is it better to be a Warrior or a Worrier....maybe we need both? Can we be both? Does the Warrior stand guard Worried about the people he/she protects? Doesn't that state of Worry distract or weaken their concentration?

Now doing 50 pushups is enough for me...is there nothing to fight for? Maybe not..because the youth aren't fighting. We have conceptualized a War..but no one is forming any armies.

If there is no War...why do we have casualties?....

ARE YOU A WARRIOR OR A WORRIER?​

2. MarchoftheLions

MarchoftheLions Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Very good read Meta! Good descriptions aswell.

Myself, I'm not sure where I fit in. I don't think I'm a Worrier ( I'll often look into conspiracies or warnings, as anyone should, but I try not to buy into the hype and just "run with it" ). I also don't think that I'm a Warrior either ( For me there is no clear target to take up arms against. Call me naive, but I just see vague generalized "things" that may be a threat most of the time ). It's all subjective though, I suppose.

3. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved KGMW Metasaience:

Um!

Good question.

MS: I am Worried that I am seeing and feeling things so many of us cannot see.

Beloved KGmw MS: I am one with you along with all Unique Creative Divine thinkers. Eyes haven't seen and ears haven't heard.

I can hear my grandmother saying now. No body knows the trouble I see. No body knows my sorrow.

Be back later on this.

:qqb018: :qqb018: :qqb018:

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother MetaSaience ... Peace and Blessings ... :love:

I had wanted to respond to this when you first posted it, but i'm just getting to it.

I immediately thought of a class that Brother OldSoul presented some time ago, regarding Warriors. He shared that the warrior age is 16-30 or something like that, gosh, he just told me in a recent class ... but anyway ... warriors are young.

I think it's a natural progression (probably), to go from warrior to worrier. Once one is not young anymore, not physically able to do all the fighting and such, that a young Man (or Woman) can do, they are somewhat relegated to worrying ... hoping ... that the youth (those physically able) can carry out the mission.

Unfortunately for us, the powers that be recognize this as well.

I think it's why so many of our young Men who are in the warrior age category, are being incarcerated at alarming rates. They are locking up the warriors, so they will not be a threat to the status-quo. They know the worriers are not able to do, what the warriors can do. Not only are they not able, but they don't have that same young, fresh, daring, mindset needed. They've become somewhat settled in their ways.

Brother OldSoul also mentioned the fact that they (the powers that be), are not even waiting for our youth to reach warrior status, they are trying to get them, kill them, incarcerate them, stop them at even younger ages ... insuring that we will have no warriors.

We must fight for our youth ... the young Black Men who are the warriors.

Great Topic Brother!

I'm loving it ... thanks for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

5. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    if you're talking about a person who...goes to a job that they may not like because they have family to feed and cloth,a person who will speak out against a wrong even if other won't,a person that understands that most battles a fought and won with the mind not the fist...then you're talking about a warrior...we as black folks always talk about being[warriors]but how many of us truly know what wars to fight??

6. Goddess Auset333

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved KgMw Metasaience:

A warrior can be any age, gender.

Warrior:
    Full of Confindence
    Thinker
    Diplomatic
    Knows the Art of Wisdom
    Master of the Art of War
    Strategist, Planner...and then some
    Fully overstand the Sufficiency of the Art Of Surprise.

Worrier:
    No Confidence is not capable of the above.

worry
    1. To cause anxious uneasiness in: ail, cark, concern, distress, trouble.
    2. To focus the attention on something moodily and at length: brood, cark, dwell, fret, mope. Informal: stew. See concern, thoughts

I am a Thinking warrior

:qqb023: :qqb023: :qqb023:

7. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Hey That sounds like the way I Experience and Think about myself and my Actions:jumping: :qqb007: ...AND....

I have attempted to "practice what I preach and teach" by my most RE~cent BE~haviors here at the Forum..
    :hearts2:

8. Goddess Auset333

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved Qg TTTC;

Thats you allright.

TTTC

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

9. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    and as always...My Spirit Honors Yours" (Goddess Auset333):bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: back at ya!
    and...

:hearts2:

10. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I like this break down of it; detailed, yet simple. Personal and truthful.

What I believe: I believe it is better to be a warrior; why? Warriors are about doing for the cause and for those who fight alongside them; there is a brotherhood, a sisterhood, a family among true warriors.

To be a worrier isn't very helpful, I don't think. One doesn't need to worry to do things in a safe and sound manner, or to view the world, with true perception, for what it is. And worrying about anything won't do better for it or worse; it's only a breakdown of yourself within, so why worry? Only doing will change a matter, and not doing will leave it the same, with worrying not helping either side. But being a warrior means you definitely will be in action, now and later, without ceasing. However, to be a warrior doesn't always mean a physical fight, but fighting in all manners possible, for yourself, and your friends and family.

I'm a true warrior!