Black People : WARNING TO ALL BLACK LOVERS OF BLACK MUSIC......

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SOULDEEP3, Sep 12, 2003.

1. SOULDEEP3

SOULDEEP3 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    WE ARE IN A STATE OF EMERGENCY!!! BLACK PEOPLE,WHETHER YOU REALIZE IT OR NOT,WE ARE UNDER SERIOUS ATTACK IN THE WORLD OF MUSIC,WHICH IS A HUGE THREAT,BECAUSE IT IS OUR SOUL ESSENCE,WHICH OF COURSE,WE CREATED....AND THE ATTACK IS BY NONE OTHER THAN WHITE SUPREMACY! IF U DON'T SEE THIS AS FACT,THEN SCOPE THE SCIENCE:

BLACK ARTISTS WITH LYRICAL SKILLS & CREATIVITY ARE PREDOMINATELY IN THE UNDERGROUND{WHETHER UNSIGNED OR INDEPENDENT}DUE TO LACK OF BLACK SUPPORT,AND OUR"WEALTHY" MAINSTREAM ARTISTS WITH NO TRUE SUBSTANCE IN THEIR MUSIC{TALKING LOUD & SAYING NOTHING}ARE ALLOWING THE CORPORATE DOLLAR TO CHANGE THE WAY THEY THINK,WRITE,FLOW,SING,& MAKE MUSIC! MEANWHILE ARTISTS LIKE EMINEM & JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE ARE ABOUT TO{OR IS IT ALREADY TOO LATE}BE KNOWN AS THE ELVISES OF HIPHOP,& R&B!!!

I'M NOT CHASTISING THESE TWO TALENTS; HOWEVER, I AM OPENING THE EYES OF YOU,MY BEAUTIFUL BLACK PEOPLE,BECAUSE TOO MANY OF US ARE NAIVE,ESPECIALLY ON THE SUBJECT OF HISTORY{IN THIS CASE,MUSIC HISTORY}.US BLACK PEOPLE CREATED MUSIC, PERIOD: BLUES,GOSPEL,JAZZ,ROCK & ROLL,SOUL,RHYTHM & BLUES,REGGAE,HIPHOP,ETC. BACK IN THE DAYS,JAZZ & ROCK & ROLL USED TO BE ABOUT AS POPULAR AS HIPHOP & R&B IS WITHIN TODAY'S BLACK YOUTH ;NOWADAYS, YOU WOULD NEVER THINK THAT BLACKS STARTED THESE 2 GENRES OF MUSIC,BECAUSE OF HOW WE ALLOWED WHITE SUPREMACY{IT IS WHAT IT IS} TO DOMINATE THE ENTIRE CULTURES OF BOTH,THROUGH THE MUSIC INDUSTRY & THE MEDIA. HOW DID IT HAPPEN TO JAZZ & ROCK & ROLL? BY US NOT EDUCATING OUR YOUTH ABOUT THE PIONEERS OF THESE GENRES.WHILE THIS IS ELIMINATED AS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE IN THEIR LIVES,WHITE ARTISTS ARE BEING PRAISED & EPITOMIZED {BY WHO ELSE? THEIR OWN PEOPLE!} FOR SUCCEEDING IN DOING NOTHING LESS THAN STEALING BLACK CULTURE,& CLAIMING WHITE CREDIT FOR ITS INCEPTION.

AS TIME GOES ON,& GENERATIONS EVOLVE,WHITES GO FROM BEING THE IMITATORS OF OUR MUSIC TO BEING ACKNOWLEDGED AS THE ACTUAL CREATORS OF THE MUSIC.....WHY? BECAUSE OF BLACK ON BLACK IGNORANCE & NAIVETE.DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO OUR GREATEST LOVES OF TODAY- HIPHOP & RHYTHM & BLUES,BECAUSE IT'LL BE A SHAME 20 YEARS FROM NOW FOR OUR GRANDCHILDREN & GREAT GRANDCHILDREN TO BE IN A DISCUSSION ABOUT MUSIC HISTORY,& QUESTIONS ARISE SUCH AS," WHO STARTED HIPHOP? WHO STARTED R&B? WHO'S THE GREATEST EMCEE OF ALL TIME? WHO'S THE QUEEN OF SOUL? OF HIPHOP SOUL?" AND OUR VERY OWN SEEDS ANSWER: THE BEASTIE BOYS; JUSTIN TIMERLAKE;EMINEM; BRITNEY SPEARS;& PINK{YALL GET MY POINT BY NOW,RIGHT?}THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW THEIR HISTORY ARE BOUND TO REPEAT IT, SO BLACK PARENTS, AND/OR ADULTS:

SCHOOL OUR CHILDREN ON THEIR MUSIC HISTORY!!! LET'S TEACH OUR CHILDREN TO LOVE & APPRECIATE THOSE ARTISTS WHO PIONEERED THE MUSIC THEY LISTEN TO.....TAKE THEM THROUGH THE GENERATIONS,BECAUSE REMEMBER THIS- THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO LISTEN TO IF IT WASN'T FOR THAT "OLD SCHOOL SH%*" THEY CONTINUALLY DIS EVERYDAY!!!

BLACK ARTISTS: STOP MAKING RECORDS THAT ARE DESTROYING US!!! WHILE YOU ARE BUSY "BLING-BLINGING";THUGGIN' US OUT; HIGH TIL YOU DIE,& SEX, MONEY & MURDERING US,WHITE ARTISTS ARE ENTERING OUR INNERWORLDS {AGAIN} AND SLOWLY STEALING OUR TRUE GOLD OR SHINE,WHICH IS OUR SOUL....AND THE FACT THEY HAVE NO PURE RHYTHM OF THEIR OWN MATTERS NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST, BECAUSE THE SAME WAY THIS MUSICAL FORM OF GENOCIDE HAS HAPPENED BEFORE, IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN....ONLY THIS TIME,IT'S TO A HIGHER DEGREE!!! AND DON'T THINK THEY WON'T TRY REGGAE.

BLACK RADIO: STOP PLAYING ALL THIS GARBAGE, AND START PLAYING TRUE ARTISTRY.....IN OTHER WORDS,STOP SELLING YOUR SOULS TO THE DEVIL! IS A DOLLAR REALLY WORTH YOUR SOUL?

BLACK ENTREPENEURS: YOU HAVE MORE POWER THAN YOU REALIZE....AND SINCE MUSIC IS OUR GREATEST INFLUENCE IN THE MIND'S EYE OF OUR YOUTH TODAY, LABEL OWNERS START SIGNING ARTISTS THAT ARE GOING TO INSPIRE OUR COMMUNITIES TO CREATE A BETTER A BETTER BLACK TOMORROW.

AS FOR THOSE OF YOU IN OTHER FIELDS OF INTEREST, START ESTABLISHING AND/OR INVESTING IN SERIOUS BLACK OWNED BUSINESSES!!!CONSCIOUSNESS IS OUR SAVING GRACE,SO I ADVISE YALL TO WAKE UP, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.....MY PEOPLE, WE ARE THE ALPHA/OMEGA OF MUSIC IS LIFE- IT'S IN OUR OWN POWER TO REMAIN IN CONTROL; SO LET'S DO THIS ESPECIALLY FOR HIPHOP & RHYTHM & BLUES,BEFORE THE TWO LOSES ITS SOUL.

LOVE,PEACE,& MUSICAL TRUTH, SOULDEEP3

SOULTOUCHAS ~R~ US

2. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I agree...but will we do these things?
    If we want rap/hip-hop that streese our true lives--we have to support it...
    As well as businesses and everything else...
    Period...There is nothing else to say.
    We either do it or we don't

3. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28
    Why do you come to the forum preaching all of the time?

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    SwtT ... what do you mean Sister?

:heart:

Destee

5. ashadeofgray

ashadeofgray Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    souldeep3 makes sense

The first commercial recording in 1917 was made by a "white" group called the Original Dixieland Jazz Band!

Don't get me wrong. there have been some outstanding "white" jazzers such as Phil Woods, Stan Getz, Red Callendar.

but these folks lived and loved Black culture and learned and apprenticed from those who created this genre of music which is still alive and has permeated all cultural corners of the world.

Is that any reason why Dave Brubeck is more popular and remembered longer than Mary Lou Williams?

It's about access to the market.

mass appeal to the demographic with the most $ to spend--

the "white" teeny boppers!

What is the Black demographic? <20%?

Did you watch the Latin Grammys last week?

I saw very few African faces on TV representing this music with roots in the culture of West Africa.

They even brought out Tyson to present... trying to look like diversity but ignoring the true contributions of Chano Pozo, Mongo Santamaria, Pappo Lucca, Danilo Perez etc.

The Latin music we saw was Ricky martin and other european type crossover music that all sounded like Sade with a cold.

As a "white" performer myself I know the hardships faced by those of us outside of the culture to just simply keep the beat!

When Rock and Roll made it easy to find the beat, it opened the door to Elvis, the Beatles, etc..

Now all you have to do is turn on the drum machine to keep the beat!

Why can't we hear jazz on the radio? Why can't I hear real Black Gospel on the radio or on TV?

Because of the quest for $ from the entrenched masses of "white"America.

Keep on self-releasing hip hop/ rap/ whatever--gangsta style or what have you.

White America will lap it up and adopt the costumes and language that goes with it.

How can this be used to turn the political and economic tide in Amerika?

That is the question.

6. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28
    Destee, I mean I don't get it......Personally I am getting a lil tired of all the bashing going on.....black people aren't as stupid as many think....We accept and embrace our pasts...yes, white people are trying to copy but it'sl like...he's letting it get to him too much...Like he's about to have a heart attack or sumthing

7. SOULDEEP3

Ratings:
    +2
    SwtT, you must be young,because you are missing the WHOLE point of what I am saying,which is that OUR CHILDREN of TODAY'S GENERATION ARE DISCONNECTED FROM THEIR ROOTS,because they are ONLY concerned about NOW,not before or the future,just NOW.

SOULTOUCHAS~R~US

8. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Amen Souldeep3

9. Mahogany_Brown

Mahogany_Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    The culture bandits are at it again...

10. SOULDEEP3

Ratings:
    +2
    IT IS UP TO US,MAHOGANY_BROWN, TO PASS ON ALL OF OUR KNOWLEDGE OF SELF IN EVERY ASPECT OF BLACK LIFE ONTO OUR CHILDREN.