Black People : Warning!! For the holidays.. Pyrex is dangerous!

PoeticManifesta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 24, 2005
Virginia Beach,Va
Occupation
Local Insurance Agent
Dont let what has happened to me twice happen to you this Holiday Season!
I was preparing to bake cinna buns and accidentally turned on the wrong lid.. and while placing them in the bowl it shattered into a million pieces... and i had a couple of shards embedded in my ankle cause i had turned to get some butter when it happened.
TOday.. i had baked some stuffed shrimp.. and put the bowl into some hot water and pow! just as I was about to wash it..
it could have been my hand...
I went to consumer reports and found that millions of ppl each year are having the same experiences... only ending up much worse

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/pyrex.html

PoeticManifesta said:
Dont let what has happened to me twice happen to you this Holiday Season!
I was preparing to bake cinna buns and accidentally turned on the wrong lid.. and while placing them in the bowl it shattered into a million pieces... and i had a couple of shards embedded in my ankle cause i had turned to get some butter when it happened.
TOday.. i had baked some stuffed shrimp.. and put the bowl into some hot water and pow! just as I was about to wash it..
it could have been my hand...
I went to consumer reports and found that millions of ppl each year are having the same experiences... only ending up much worse

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/pyrex.html

Same thing happened to my babies mama. she stopped using them after deciding these instruction were too rigid to follow.

Pyrex® Ovenware & Accessories Safety & Usage Instructions

WARNING: Failure to follow these instructions can cause immediate or later breakage which can result in personal injury or property damage.

• NEVER USE ON TOP OF STOVE, under a broiler, in a toaster oven, or place over oven vent or pilot light.
• AVOID SEVERE TEMPERATURE CHANGES.
• DO NOT add liquid to hot dish, place hot dish or glass cover in sink, immerse in water or place on cold or wet surfaces. Handle hot ovenware and glass covers with dry potholders.
• DO NOT use in microwave to hold or support popcorn bags, microwave convenience foods with special browning wrappers, etc.
• DO NOT use to pop corn, caramelize sugar, or deep fat fry.
• DO NOT overheat oil or butter in microwave. Use minimum amount of cooking time.
• DO NOT use or repair any item that is chipped, cracked, or noticeably scratched.
• DO NOT use accessories in oven or microwave, under broiler, or on top of stove unless otherwise indicated on item.
• Use caution when placing plastic cover on dish and removing plastic cover from dish. When removing cover, direct steam away from you.
• DO NOT use plastic cover in convection, toaster or conventional oven
• DO NOT HEAT “HOT PACK” CONTINUOUSLY in microwave longer than the MAXIMUM times listed on the pack. Stop heating immediately if pack expands.
• DO NOT USE THERMAL PACK in conventional, toaster or convection oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, washing machine or dryer. DO NOT BOIL THERMAL PACK.
• “HOT PACK” will become HOT when heating. Use potholders.
• IMMEDIATELY DISCARD thermal pack that is punctured, or has a split or damaged seam. DO NOT ATTEMPT to repair or continue to use. AVOID EYE CONTACT AND DO NOT INGEST liquid contained in thermal pack.
• KEEP THERMAL PACKS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
• Thermal packs are NOT FOR USE on any part of body for any use other than described in these Safety and Usage Instructions.

P.S. Glad you ok, it could have been worse.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back