destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

As i'm sure many have noticed the levels of drama, disruption, negativity, intolerance, disrespect, etc., have been very high lately.

It's not what this community is about ... and i want you all to be warned ... that if that is what you bring here, if you think you have the right to do this here ... you are wrong and stand a great chance of being suspended and/or banned.

With the levels so high right now, and resources low, we just don't have the time or wherewithal to dissect every single situation to its least common denominator. Instead, we will more than likely be looking at the bigger picture, holding all involved, responsible ... allowing you to share in the suspension and/or banning, together.

This may be your only warning, so please, take it for whatever it is worth ... for our peace will be maintained ... by any means necessary.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Sign of the Times

The Higher vibrations are pulsating much stronger now. It’s of no consequence whether we are inclined to higher consciousness or lower consciousness, because whatever is built into who we are as a person, which is the entirety of this life and past lives, is being amplified to whatever we are predisposed to. However, we don’t have to be victims but we do need to take charge of our own ship and be the captain of our souls. Most people tend to just float like leaves on the stream letting the ripples toss them about because they haven’t yet figured out that they’re the ones ultimately responsible. Let us not relinquish our responsibility to be conscious Beings in charge of our own souls.

Love, Peace!

Dear Destee:

I am posting this here because the other relative threads are closed now.
However, truly, I did not come here to sow discord or negativity nor did I come here to receive it.

Where I have “bumped heads” with members, I have tried to resolve it. But, the most recent situation was one where I felt disrespected as a woman.

However, it is interesting to note that almost all of my conflicts here have been connected to my spiritual beliefs, either directly or indirectly.

But, in spite of my religious beliefs, I am still a woman, a BLACK WOMAN.

Many times here, I have had my words twisted and misconstrued to fit what others WANT to think of me. But they don't know me. They don't know where I come from nor my life's experiences. But, all of what they DON'T know is what makes me the BLACK WOMAN I am.

And I truly believe that if we, as a people, can not respect each other on-line, then we are doomed to never have any constructive unity in our REAL lives as well, while our communities continue to suffer from the self-destructive and dysfunctional mindsets and behaviors which send our people to the streets, to jail, and to the grave.

For example:
Let's say, I had a business proposition that would generate employment and some economic growth in a Black community, like a grocery store or donated land for a community garden and if I invited MetaSaience, Nasheed, and Keita to work with me on this community asset, I have to wonder if each of us could do so for the good of the community, putting aside our different, respective, spiritual beliefs.

But, if we can't ever get past whose religion was “first” or whose religion is “eurocentric” or whose religion is the only right one for Black people, then we'll never defeat our common foe, which is the White power structure in this country and in Africa.

Now, I reported Keita because he disrespected me as a WOMAN. In my original post, I didn't say anything about Christianity. But, he responded to let me know that his opposition to me was because of my Christian stance. So, I responded to him with biblical verse. He opened that door, not me. So, I responded with the very text that he opposes.

Even the post I reported had NOTHING to do with religion. Keita is the one who first mentioned Christianity in his response to me.

And some others made comments defending him speaking to me that way. But, if you review those comments, almost everyone of them mentioned my religion, NOT ME AS A BLACK WOMAN. So, am I to glean from those comments that his profanity was JUSTIFIED because of my religion? If I were not a Christian, would his profanity be viewed differently?

Now, I mean no disrespect with this post either, but this was my only recourse to state my views.

And, I do hope that whatever “energy”on Destee.com that is counter-productive to its mission will align itself with loving, respecting, encouraging, teaching, embracing and building with Black people.

Respectfully,

CherryBlossom

Dear Destee:

I am posting this here because the other relative threads are closed now.
However, truly, I did not come here to sow discord or negativity nor did I come here to receive it.

Where I have “bumped heads” with members, I have tried to resolve it. But, the most recent situation was one where I felt disrespected as a woman.

However, it is interesting to note that almost all of my conflicts here have been connected to my spiritual beliefs, either directly or indirectly.

But, in spite of my religious beliefs, I am still a woman, a BLACK WOMAN.

Many times here, I have had my words twisted and misconstrued to fit what others WANT to think of me. But they don't know me. They don't know where I come from nor my life's experiences. But, all of what they DON'T know is what makes me the BLACK WOMAN I am.

And I truly believe that if we, as a people, can not respect each other on-line, then we are doomed to never have any constructive unity in our REAL lives as well, while our communities continue to suffer from the self-destructive and dysfunctional mindsets and behaviors which send our people to the streets, to jail, and to the grave.

For example:
Let's say, I had a business proposition that would generate employment and some economic growth in a Black community, like a grocery store or donated land for a community garden and if I invited MetaSaience, Nasheed, and Keita to work with me on this community asset, I have to wonder if each of us could do so for the good of the community, putting aside our different, respective, spiritual beliefs.

But, if we can't ever get past whose religion was “first” or whose religion is “eurocentric” or whose religion is the only right one for Black people, then we'll never defeat our common foe, which is the White power structure in this country and in Africa.

Now, I reported Keita because he disrespected me as a WOMAN. In my original post, I didn't say anything about Christianity. But, he responded to let me know that his opposition to me was because of my Christian stance. So, I responded to him with biblical verse. He opened that door, not me. So, I responded with the very text that he opposes.

Even the post I reported had NOTHING to do with religion. Keita is the one who first mentioned Christianity in his response to me.

And some others made comments defending him speaking to me that way. But, if you review those comments, almost everyone of them mentioned my religion, NOT ME AS A BLACK WOMAN. So, am I to glean from those comments that his profanity was JUSTIFIED because of my religion? If I were not a Christian, would his profanity be viewed differently?

Now, I mean no disrespect with this post either, but this was my only recourse to state my views.

And, I do hope that whatever “energy”on Destee.com that is counter-productive to its mission will align itself with loving, respecting, encouraging, teaching, embracing and building with Black people.

Respectfully,

CherryBlossom

Sister CherryBlossom ... it's overkill ... you're doing too much ... slow down.

Notice how you are a factor in much of the disruption, almost center to it. From one Member to the next. This is not good for you, if you want to remain with us. On occasion, we experience a new Member that comes in ... and for whatever reason (and there have been many ... white, homosexual, christian, demon, etc.) ... they upset the whole house. They are involved in a myriad of squirmishes, and their integral involvement, cannot be ignored. They too, are often suspended or banned, for this reason alone. It is not good to be fighting with a bunch of different Members ... no matter the reason ... for it can't help but be a reflection on you as well.

You've submitted your complaint, it was handled.

You've submitted the results of your experiment, and i agreed with it.

Yet you continue to go on and on regarding all of this negativity.

Unless there is another official complaint, which we welcome, you might oughtta let it go.

This thread ... TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN ... you should just stop posting in.

You and all those who continue to feed that negativity, for you are all at risk of being suspended.

I don't care who it is, or why it's happening ... i just gotta make sure it stops.

I'd appreciate your help toward that end, but if you can't help, i'll take care of it.

Love You!

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

There has been so much juvenile behavior demonstrated lately, i'm having trouble finding words to speak to it ... new ones, anyway.

excerpt from our very own core foundational pieces :

The majority of our Members are Grown Men and Women. We are not raising children here. We believe that if a person is a whole grown man or woman, they already know how to do and be, and don't need us to teach them. I don't want that job, and i don't believe for one second, it is required of this community to do ... to try and raise already grown men and women. We will not do it. We want those who consider themselves grown, to demonstrate that here. Make right and proper choices, basically things most learned as a child. If you can't do that, or don't know what right and proper is, you will not be allowed to remain here. We just don't have the time or wherewithal to teach you. We need Sisters and Brothers that already know right from wrong, what's considered proper, respectful, etc.

I guess it's time out for words.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back