Black Spirituality Religion : Warning Family

True....providing TMI reveals stupidity and ignorance...!

The majority of confusion on this site does not come from the responders of the post themselves per se, it comes from the poster without them knowing it. For example: When a person comes onto this site, nobody knows if they are married to white people or sleeping with them until the "poster gives that information up" which they should not do if they can not handle it...because who you are with is your own business. If a person is gay or lesbian, don't nobody on this site know that information until the posters themselves give that info up. All that stuff is personal and this is a social site. Black people should know black people by now and whatever there is that's personal in your life, leave it that way if you can not handle the energy of your personal life being exposed, ridiculed or critisized on social sites like this. That's just my take on it....what's yours? ( I know, that almost sounded like a television commercial, right?...:D

True....providing TMI reveals stupidity and ignorance...!

Fine1952 ... i see you agree with Keita Kenyatta ... but as far as our rules go, how we treat folk here who respectfully share whatever they'd like ... you and Keita could not be more wrong ... as it relates to the way we manage this community.

I'm speaking to your comments because this is a management / warning thread, and i don't want anyone walking away thinking what you and Keita are saying, is the way things go down here. It's not. It makes no difference if a person shares that they are lesbian, homosexual, white, christian, muslim, atheist, demon, green, orange, rich, poor, or anything else, so long as they do that respectfully ... they are protected by our rules.

Now, if the two of you can't stand being around such folk, yall might wanna immediately put those that share such on ignore, never speak to them, or what have you ... but you do not have the right to make them not feel welcome to share here ... for they are as welcome as both of you.

They are no more stupid and ignorant for sharing what they want, than yall are for sharing what you want.

:heart:

Destee

I have "never" been confrontational on this forum, yet when I attempted to defend myself against the Clyde Cogers I am 'duly advised' to either put them on ignore or not answer at all.

To my knowledge I find no interest in what this member posts, yet when I create a post that shakes its belief system I get a flood of remarks that are off topic and meant to take away the quality of whatever I've posted.

it's all good though...as I know this respond will be over looked as if it never existed....yet when I agree with Keita Kenyatta I get song and verse!

Fine1952 ... i see you agree with Keita Kenyatta ... but as far as our rules go, how we treat folk here who respectfully share whatever they'd like ... you and Keita could not be more wrong ... as it relates to the way we manage this community.

I'm speaking to this because this is a management / warning thread, and i don't want anyone walking away thinking what you and Keita are saying, is the way things go down here. It's not. It makes no difference if a person shares that they are lesbian, homosexual, white, christian, muslim, atheist, demon, green, orange, rich, poor, or anything else, so long as they do that respectfully ... they are protected by our rules.

Now, if the two of you can't stand being around such folk, yall might wanna immediately put those that share such on ignore, never speak to them, or what have you ... but you do not have the right to make them not feel welcome to share here ... for they are as welcome as both of you.

They are no more stupid and ignorant for sharing what they want, than yall are for sharing what you want.

Destee

We discuss everything here from recipies to religion. But one cant have a discussion on politics, religion, sports, etc without the potential for dust being stirred up. Atheists and agnostics come into religious discussions and give their views. Lakers talk about Knicks. Liberals to wingnuts. There is no way these discussions will happen without a certain amount of "gamesmanship".

Ex. If Philly and Skuder get into a spirited descussion. Neither feels the other has crossed any lines. Is it up to some 3rd party to come in and complain? Ex. Erotic poetry is disgusting to some. Do they have a right to have it banned? Or come in and protest every time it's posted? Do pro lifers get to come into an article about planned parenthood?

All discussions are valid. So is the opposing view. Where does the objective cross into the subjective?

I have "never" been confrontation on this forum, yet when I attempted to defend myself against the Clyde Cogers I am 'duly advised' to either put them on ignore or not answer at all.

To my knowledge I find no interest in what this member posts, yet when I create a post that shakes its belief system I get a flood of remarks that are off topic and meant to take away the quality of whatever I've posted.

it's all good though....!

I was speaking specifically to the comment above, for the reason(s) stated.

You've never been in violation trouble here, and i didn't say or mean to suggest you were now.

If you have some complaints regarding Brother Clyde or any Member, let us know, we'll address them.

Defending one's own self can easily cross the line, putting the defender in violation trouble, depending on the particulars of the situation and defense. This is why we encourage Members to report the other person's violation, instead of taking matters into their own hands and risking violating the rules themselves. It's going to be difficult getting someone else in trouble, if you're holding the hypothetical knife that is dripping blood ... :)

I'm not aware of any reported violations presented regarding Brother Clyde that have not been addressed.

Do you have links to the possible violations we can view?

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back