Black Poetry : War

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by cattalina, May 9, 2003.

1. cattalina

cattalina Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    War
    State of mind: my friends at war

Constantly I find myself in a world of confusion ~ seeking food with substance ~ only to be served another illusion ~ hungry ~ starving but withstanding ~ as the metabolism of my curiousity ~ eats at my mentality ~ inflicting headaches from strenuous contemplating ~ speculating ~ capitulating ~ and annihilating ~ theories ~ philosophies ~ complex reasoning ~ for simple catastrophes ~ realistic operatic mealodies.

Pro war...so to my understanding ~ maybe I'm wrongfully standing ~ but correct me later if I'm misunderstanding ~ so many lives lost ~ as you hide from impeachment behind war ~ measuring victory ~ by numbers of casualties ~ Mr. President are they casualties ~ to the mothers/ fathers ~ one child less ~ or childless ~ to the sons/daughters ~ without a mother/father ~ the wives ~ who will never feel security in their husbands' embrace ~ or husbands who will never see the warmth in their wife's face ~ when will you realize they are not just casualties ~ they are not faceless numbers ~ they are people ~ like me ~ like you ~ with a role in society.

You stand there with a smile filled with pearly white pride ~ and think you have our support ~ don't you know ~ it's not you ~ but our troops ~ we support ~ you say it's all in the name of democracy ~ ha, democracy ~ what a hypocrisy ~ you want to give back a voice to those overseas ~ by setting them free ~ but Mr. President what about me? and so many others ~ you and your campaign silenced when they threw our votes out ~ or do we the people not count? *AuRgh*

:confused:

2. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    tru indeed sister
    im wit ya
    war is for the devils
    to keep taking us down levels
    until we stand with them face to face
    so many human lives gone to waste