Black People : Walt Disney

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by tigre35, Jul 21, 2003.

1. tigre35

tigre35 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Have you ever seen a black disney character? quick, name them?

(jeopardy music playing...)

BUZZ!!!

no, you probably didn't name anybody. what is disney telling blacks?

we've seen every race star in their own movie (whites, indians, natives, persians, hawaiians, atlanteans, asians, etc.), what about blacks?

(Uncle Remus and "De Tar Baby" are 40 years old and aren't acceptable anyway...)

they even made at least THREE movies about Africa (Tarzan and the Lion King 1&2) with NO BLACKS.

**** if that ain't blatantly racist. i wanna see some nappy heads in those perfect little stories. i want to see blacks struggle and win. i want to see white kids buy BLACK toys for a change. i want to see disney glorify us, like everybody else.

i wanna see big noses and big lips and hips and nappy hair and DARK skin. all of these other races are portrayed with so much color, we'll have be even darker to even look like "black" people compared to Disney's other films.

i want to see that Disney does not have a problem with afrocentric features. it's obvious that they do.

BOYCOTT these f*cks. Stop teaching your children to respect Disney. Stop paying them to exclude us.

2. tigre35

tigre35 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    They WON'T MAke A Movie That Features Us

[​IMG]

Here's one someone found:

[​IMG]

He is definately a black man.

And, acceptable to me.

But, I really meant to point out how they FEATURE every race but, in their films.

Indians, Arabs, Hawaiians, Latins, Asians, etc.

When they DID go to Africa, they used a white man (Tarzan) and animals. The lion king did the same. That would've been the perfect time to do a WHOLE MOVIE about us.

But, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

They won't do a movie ABOUT black people with a black lead and supporting cast like "Aladdin" has a full Arab cast and "Mulan" has Asians and "Jungle Book" has Indians, etc.