Food Discussion : Walmart: Patti LaBelle pies are flying off shelves and selling on eBay for $40

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Diabetes,

Walmart: Patti LaBelle pies are flying off shelves and selling on eBay for $40

The $3.48 pies starting flying off shelves last weekend. They are now sold out in many stores and selling on eBay for as much as $40, NPR reports.

But when the pies — which were created with singer and cookbook author Patti LaBelle — first debuted in September, no one paid much attention to them.

So why the sudden frenzy?

Walmart can thank James Wright, a man who posted a musical tribute to the pies on Facebook a week ago ...

Walmart_pies_are_suddenly_flying-f1b4ae42b4ad25da2cce509911027c34

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/walmart-pies-suddenly-flying-off-152029599.html

Walmart_pies_are_suddenly_flying-cff6304d2aed6046f8cc607ff4a5a8d2

My Review On Patti LaBelle sweet potato pie review

james wright

Views:2,383,235

Patti LaBelle Tasted My Sweet Potato Pie and I Almost Died

My culinary dreams came true Friday when Patti LaBelle stopped by the Yahoo Food offices to chat with me about her famous sweet potato pie.

LaBelle’s pies, which are basically sold out at Walmart, are the hottest dessert in the country, thanks to a hilarious and touching viral video by Chicago singer James Wright. But he’s not the only one singing about Patti’s pies.

The legendary singer included a version of her sweet potato recipe in her 1999 cookbook, here ...

https://www.yahoo.com/food/patti-labelle-tasted-my-sweet-potato-pie-and-i-205647211.html

tumblr_inline_ny4s4m4n031tcglhq_1280.jpg

Photo: Samantha Bolton for Yahoo Food

Patti LaBelle Vows to Help James Wright Chanel Achieve Greatness

... “I will sing with James anytime but that boy out-sings me,” the vocal powerhouse quipped. “He goes high, high, high up in the heavens. He can sing ‘Walk Around Heaven’ all day and honey. His voice is beautifully, beautifully high. I mean perfect. He has perfect pitch… I think he’s going to be all of that and a bag of chips. He’s doing the right thing, I think he has like 10 jobs and he keeps himself out there and he keeps himself current so he’s going to do well for himself and I’m going to make sure I help.” ...

http://www.eurweb.com/2015/11/patti-labelle-vows-to-help-james-wright-chanel-achieve-greatness/

Patti-LaBelle-James-Wright-Chanel-e1447652839501.png

Patti-LaBelle-Grand-Tasting-Presented-ShopRite-QvdMREPFvEpl.jpg

Some were $100 on Amazon. But all of them sold out before we were able to get them so...i guess next year

Welcome to Destee.com Huey50, and thanks for the update. And that's not to mentioned what outrageous prices scalpers were able to collect :facepalm:

Nevertheless, I remain hopeful it will be different around Christmas time, maybe:kickball:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back