Black People : Waking Up A Sleeping Giant!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by AuthorLady, May 30, 2012.

1. AuthorLady

AuthorLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +117
    [​IMG]

Who?

Us. That's who.

For over a decade now, I've been pounding my thoughts in cyber and more recently in my new book, A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman

With the hopes of igniting an intellectual fire and movement, not seen since the Harlem Renassaince.

We've been lethargic for over 3 decades and if you go by today's current crop of so called Black leaders; we don't THINK for ourselves anymore. Who are these people talking to? Haven't you ever wondered just where the truth about our community and the reality of our community actually connect?

Lately, I've been reminiscing Soul. What was it? It was the pure expression of Black creativity, intellect and spiritual elevation, wrapped around revolution and frank communication from and to our people. We told it like it was.

Sometimes I feel like Black folks today are lost in space. Confused, dazed and hoodwinked by bling, floss and too much narcissism and ignorance.

When will we elevate?

I'm hungry for this time. And I plan to be at the forefront when it finally comes alive.

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    longer
    ouch! yup.
    as he said "now that's the bomb bullet". even if there were some strong r&b ... but this dratted rap-crap? we done lost the message making.

you've been really Looking at this thing, haven't you? kinda lonely being amongst the few that do See, ain't it?

now would be good.

maybe gonna hafta plan on being just a bit in front of the forefront, eh?

thank you. at last somebody who can See.

i've tried to say it; y'all have been trying to say it. but every time, the fruits of this dehumanization of who and what we truly are shut the discussion down. iono; maybe they've been too afraid of watching it happen right here? been here watching it for years and sometimes can barely stand to log in and read the dazed, hoodwinked, bling-blinded circles of conversation going round and round and dying just when it looks like it's gonna go somewhere ...

do keep saying it again some more louder.

(<shrug> just don't trust this whole give up the card numbers over the net thing: how/where can i buy your book? can i buy a copy from you, direct? don't know about anyone else, but it helped me a lot to see the full title of the book; kewl!)

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Looking into a mind of today's black woman searching for the movement of yesteryears not their
    the void is lack of but i surely will see you at the end standing so go forth and rise /soar and become
    unbound take as many with you sistahs wake up .......ya on point

4. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    the full title:

A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman: In Search Of Black Men Who Live With Purpose

5. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    Another thread about how black people should get themselves together... that's original. Let me know when you finally get the the Action Step, ok?

6. AuthorLady

AuthorLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +117
    Where to buy the book? You can click on the link in the opening, but here it is again...

I pull no punches within the book; it's basically a frank conversation that I've engaged in for over 10 years, regarding issues impacting primarily the Black male and how this has impacted the Black community. The conversation is a counter response from the mind of a Black woman.

7. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    i saw the link. in fact, i went over and took a look, did some reading (interesting - considered copying that bit of background to the thread), and got the full title, which i posted in another post here .. and begrudged every picosecond that i was away from destee!

like i said :
    i don't do amazon. can i buy the book from you? is there another venue perhaps?

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    :11200: been using them for years with nary a problem.

9. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    "thank you for sharing."

10. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    CTJ:

Only a relative few put forth their feelings/thoughts/etc. what should be the goals/objectives/etc. of the movements of my (the sixties) era, i. e., which took us from a clamoring for mere RIGHTS to a demand for POWER...So why have OUR elected black officials (numbering 10, 000 by one of their black 'critcs'--Farrakan) fallen so short of providing real means/ways/etc. for us to resolve our peoples issues/problems/etc. (and that was before the political gridelock/world wide recession hit)? Your reply will both be appreciated and quite welcome...FYI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black people are waking up

2. why are black people refered to as sleeping giants