Voting- To Vote or Not to Vote

Do You Vote

• Total voters
CarrieMonet said:

I hear you Kente. But all voting isn't national....especially when you start owning property or homes...many things affect your livlihood like property taxes, gas taxes, etc. There are other things to vote on other than just political parties.

True, I am going to start voting on the issues alone, but not for the presidency. That is something that I told myself I am going to start doing because I think my vote counts more that way than trying to decide between 2 criminals.

I KNOIW ONE THING IVE SAID IT BEFORE, NO MATTER WHOS IN OFFICE UR POCKETS SAY THE SAME. I MIGHT VOTE THIS TIME AROUND I DUNNO, I MEAN KERRY IS JUST A NOTHA RICH CRACKA. BUT I COMPARE THE CLINTON YRS TO KNOW, THINGS WERE BETTER THEN . THE COUNTRY SEEMED TO HAVE A HAPPY PARTY LIKE BUZZ IN THE ATMOSPHERE, ALTHOUGH CLINTON DID SOME CONNED-SERVATIVE THINGS THAT WERE DETRIMENTAL TO AFRIKAN AMERICANS HE WAS BETTER THAN BUSH.

P,.S.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF CLINTONS FIRST TWO YRS OG COLLEGE FREE EVER PASSED? I DNT THINK SO...

i've voted every year as well in hope that we as people can all vote in the
same direction to make a different somewhere and surely we can by VOTING!!!

PLEASE BRUTHAS & SISTAS VOTE and be heard and know it counts every one
if all my kids could i've have them line up at the polls we need every vote ......

Thank you brothas and sistas for the thought provoking, stimulating responses. I am a registered voter here in GA, and have been a registered voter since I was 18. I do agree alot with what Rich posted and Carrie Monet posted, but I also see the other side. That night the brotha who was against voting was, at least to me an anarchist. He was ready to talk about taking down the system, but not ready to die for the cause. We as not only Americans but Black People have to realize that many Tribesmen died in this fight for freedom. And in the late 50's and early 60's we as a people made a choice; along with Dr. King, the NAACP, CORE, and other groups to intergrate fully into this system. Now I have my problems with intergration (please read more on Malcolm X and his views about intergrating before we come together as a whole and one), but as a people we made that choice, and for the past 40-50 years we have stood by that choice. It is imperative that we get more involved in local politics, not only mayoral but senators and house members because these are the people that we put in place to put pressure on our executive branch. Now I'm not trying to get people to register because it's too **** late for that, but we have made a choice and we need all the support we can get!!! So get involved in your communities, so that the electoral college for your state will have your vote along with all your brothas, sistas, cousins, aunties, uncles, moms and pops!! So thank you again for voicing your opinion and keep the dialog open!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back