Black People : VOTER INTIMIDATION

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KWABENA, Nov 1, 2004.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Hello Family:

Are you, or have you ever been a victim of Voter Intimidation?

Cedric Denson

2. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    intimidation??????

What exactly is voter intimidation physical or mental..... :skillet:

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    No and i feel i can hold my own and don't get intimidated

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    By my definition, because I live in Florida, and it was on the news that some people were victims of Voter Intimidation, is someone threatening you who to vote for, or being forced to do this and that - you know, being controlled as you vote. Someone was on the news last week talking about: "Two guys jumped out of the car from behind and told me: If I vote for Kerry/Edwards, suicide bombers will attack my property!" That was when I thought How could this be true? But then I remembered that this world is going crazy.....things like that are bound to happen. But anyway, that is my definition of it.

If I can clarify it, I will just say:

Has anyone ever forced physically, emotionally, and mentally who to vote for and who NOT to vote for? What to vote for and what NOT to vote for? I would not expect too many of you to be victims of voter intimidation; Actually, I thought some of you would at least know it. I think you do know it, you just are not victims of it, so I guess this is done.

Cedric Denson

5. indya

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    for real???????

I personnaly feel this is more of an urban legend than anything. How can someone force you to vote for someone. the voteing booth is for one person and only one person at a time. if you feel you are being threatend than call the police or inform the volunteers and let them do it.

"IF" and I do mean if this is real just tell them you voted for whoever they want and still vote for who you want.

I have noticed no one ever has a first hand account it is always a friend of a friend or I knew a lady who knew a lady.... :confused:

If two guys jumped out of a car and told me that if I voted for Kerry/Edwards than suicide bombers would attack my property I would tell them to get a life and try to scare some other woman. :hammer:

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    What about 5 preachers of churches telling its members

"If you don't vote for Bush, you are going to Hell!"

I can't provide the proof off the internet, but I can suggest that you watch CNN, MSNBC, and such all day.

Cedric Denson

7. indya

United States
    Ratings:
    +23

I wouldnt call this intimidation!!! I would call it a preacher esposing his own political views in a church, which I might add is illegal. A church keeps it's tax-exempt status by staying out of politics.

If you are that easly swayed than you really have no reason to be voteing in the first place......

8. seminoleBACP

seminoleBACP Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

No, the poll worker who assisted me was the real fine sister named Kim, good God! :hearts2: :hearts2: :massage: :kiss1:

9. We

We Well-Known Member MEMBER

Nationbuilding
    Ratings:
    +11
    Voter Intimidation
    I was actually looking for signs of it. The "poll-flys" wouldn't even look me in the eye. I had 1-866-MYVOTE1 on speed-dial on my cell phone and was ready for a confrontation.

I had to fight back the urge to yell. "That's right my black *** is voting and you can't stop me! You may have stopped my grandfather and his father but not me! Now give me my "voter ready" slip, you racist fool and just watch as I cancel out your vote!".

Although, I'm sure it was written all over my face!

Dedicated to the 100 Black men who in 1873, Grant Parish, Louisana were killed for simply asserting their right to vote.

Peace,
    Lazarus
    sonsofthediaspora.org

10. THA HOOKUPMAN

THA HOOKUPMAN Banned MEMBER

FRRE THINKER
    Ratings:
    +17
    as i hope u all see ..the black vote does lil..they will pick a dumbass like bush to lead a hurting america...your grand fathers would have picked up guns and been ready to shoot....cause black people it will be tough for us ..these next four years.....blacks will need each other more than ever now....i hope we all can see that ..and alll the blacks republicians should be
    shot first....hookup