Black People : Vote for National Black Solidarity Day

Would you support a National Black Solidarity Day

• No Support

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I agree, that Black people may not be ready to come together and here is where I support Bro. James belief that it's all due to white supremacy that has us corralled behind invisible fences to keep us on the plantation slaving away for a system that is designed to oppress us and keep us working for the benefit of a very few.
Hello Sister Queen, I have not given up nor do I ever intend to do so. I will spend the rest of my time here on earth doing whatever I can to educate, uplift, nurture and empower people. That is all people. As I do this I will continue to learn and grow henceforth my statement to brother James. I realize that there is a great deal of work to be done and the majority of that work is in the heads of people. Folks are to immersed in fear and self doubt. It's not white supremacy that is holding folks back it is the embracing of that mentality that holds people back... Once you say white supremacy you have already capitulated. White supremacy does not exist, it is an illusion that folks have bought into so it exists in their minds.... For anyone to say that white supremacy holds them back is to say that they are inferior and I'm sorry but I d--n sure ain't buying into that. Yes there are obstacles in place to hinder our progress and discourage us but they are just obstacles and they can be obliterated if folks choose to do it... I didn't get where I am because I let those obstacles prevent me from doing so. It's the mindset and like you say, the choices that we make that determine our life.. I choose to not be marginalized and to let someone dictate my life. Is this a white dominated society? Yes,,but does that mean that I am dominated by that society (only if I allow it)..Now again, this goes back to what you said about choices.. If I don't educate myself and seek ways to improve my life and become independent then I am at the mercy of those that are.
It all boils down to what we want, how we are going to get it and what are we willing to do to make it happen...Is it hard, you d--m right it is but if it were easy everyone would be doing it.. A lot of folks are comfortable with where they are because it demands nothing of them. Some people rather live in mediocrity and obscurity and some can't help there situation but for those that can and want more but do nothing should say nothing....
Everyone is not intended to make it but that doesn't mean that you can't at least try...It sure better than not doing anything and I will not concede to that negative mindset because it would subject me to being irrelevant. White Oppression does exist but also can be fought and defeated but only if people decide to fight and defeat it..Folks aren't ready to do that collectively just yet...I choose to be relevant sister....

Don't be discouraged, Bro. AI D. Here's some brain food for all of us to take into account when it comes to getting off our duffs and doing something that is important for us to do. I think it's applicable to this thread and to your last comment.

If It’s Going to Be, It’s Up to Me: Taking Responsibility for Choices in Our Lives

"When things go wrong, it’s easy to blame others. Blaming others for our difficulties is the easy way out. That’s why it’s so popular. Turn on any daytime talk show and you’ll find endless examples of people blaming everybody and everything for the way their lives have turned out.

But the happiest and most successful people – the leaders who get things done and get on with their lives — know that life is an endless series of choices, and take responsibility for these choices as well as the consequences of their actions. Leaders choose to control their destiny so fate and others don’t. They believe that choice more than chance determines their circumstances. Even in circumstances for which they’re not responsible, they still take responsibility for their actions.

Leaders recognize that they have control and choice over a number of key factors:

Choose Not to Lose – Whether we choose to focus on our problems or our possibilities is a key leadership issue. When we are faced with obstacles and failure, those who can overcome adversity and learn from their experiences, turning them into opportunities, are the ones who will be truly successful.

Perceived Reality – Most so-called “facts” are open to interpretation and are highly dependent upon what’s being read into them. We don’t see the world as it is, we see it as we are. Too often, we let our problems trap us deep inside our own “reality rut”. As long as we’re stuck there, we can’t see out of the rut to the possibilities beyond.

Choosing Our Outlook – An optimist expects the best possible outcome and dwells on the most hopeful aspects of a situation. Pessimists stress the negative and take the gloomiest possible view. And while we may have been given a tendency toward optimism or pessimism at birth or from our upbringing, we decide what we want to be from today forward.

Choosing To Let Go of Deadly Emotions – Another milestone in our growth is when we accept responsibility for our emotions. It’s less painful to believe that anger, jealousy, or bitterness are somebody else’s fault or beyond our control. But that makes us prisoners of our emotions. We stew in our deadly emotions. For our own health and happiness, we must exercise our choice to let go. No matter how long we nurse a grudge, it won’t get better. We need to truly forgive and forget. Forgiveness is not for the other guy, it is for ourselves.

Choosing Our Thoughts – In his 19th century Journals, Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote, “Life consists of what a man is thinking of all day.” If we continue to think like we’ve always thought, we’ll continue to get what we’ve always got. Our daily thought choices translate into our daily actions. Our actions accumulate to form our habits. Our habits form our character. Our character attracts our circumstances. Our circumstances determine our future… Taking responsibility for our choices starts with choosing our thoughts.

Leaders realize that life accumulates; the choices we make – good and bad – are like deposits in a bank account. Over the years we can build up a wealth of success and happiness or a deficit of despair and discouragement. It’s up to us. As with any active bank account, few of these choice accumulations are permanent. However, the longer we allow poor choices to accumulate, the more time and effort will be needed to shift that balance. Now is the time for action. There’s still time. If not now, when?"

:heart:
Can not disagree with you on anything that you said here sister Queen..Be The Change That You Seek....http://www.africafifth.net/?p=1530

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back