Black Women : vote '08 does gender trump loyalty?

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Therious, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    The press is TRYING to say that Clinton leads Obama in the SO CALLED polls (ain't no body asked me ish!).

I did hear that some or maybe many who knows? black females are voting for clinton #2.

My question is would you as a female rather vote a European women into office or Barak Obama?

I think these polls are to divide us so I place no faith in stats, but I have heard some women say theyd vote for clinton.

2. IntelligentNoir

IntelligentNoir Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +74
    Well, I know my mom for certain is voting for Clinton. I had planned to vote for Obama seeing as how he would be possibly the first Black president, but then I researched his stance on certain key issues that are important to me , and realized that he is not someone I would support, but neither is Hillary. Sorry. Anyways, seeing as there are no candidates worthy of my time, I have opted not to vote at all.:em2700:

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I'd vote Black before all else.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    is there a black person running?

5. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    :D :D :D

Hilary may address issues that other women relate too - but she'll always be a white looking with a white priveledged perspective.

Obama is Black - He may address Black issues, or not - but he will always be heard as a Black man - he will always be addressed as a Black man. Even if we love to hate him (which i dont) the issues of the Black American populace will always be an undertone when he is in power. As a result, there will be little to buffer the issues of the Black American from the world - in and out of the US (who kinda believe everything is "hunky dory" between the races of the USA) - which in turn may set off a long chain of events.. and you know? it cant get much worse that where it's been. Vote Obama - win/win.

6. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    "whateva" - not voting should not be an option :)

realistically, how many issues that presidential candidates address during their campaigns actually come to pass? It's not really a choice about their "issues" but about how they handle themselves - it's a choice of the top 2 players on the same team.

7. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    so you actually believe that a white female can raise up a black man? half the sisters can't even do that.
    i got some real estate that i want to talk to you about......:callme:

8. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    (half the white cant do it - as despite all their privledges, there are too many white male morons/failures to support any different.)

James - I'm saying Black is not a state of mind in this case - it may be nothing more but physical presence that has the potential to shake the world to its core.

I'm saying that every white person on the face of this earth sees him as a Black man - doesnt matter what is coming out of his mouth. On that point alone, Black voices will rise in volume - for or against.. but they will be allowed on the grown-up table.

Obama is not a Black leader - he is not an old school civil rights revolutionary - but he is a potential conduit for many Black voices - not because HE wants to hear them - but every media desk in the world will be watching his response to the Black voices - thus giving us a forum of such magnitude - something we havent had in decades.

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    and i am saying that black is exactly a state of mind. how else do you explain Clarence Thomas?
    in these times you cannot be tricked by somebody's hide. it is deeper than that.
    it is past time when we let white people decide who is black.
    no, I decide who is black.

10. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    James - hmmm. I hear what you're saying, and I'm starting to understand more about where we're coming from, collectively, and where we should be going. I agree - no more tricks. No more Clarence. Wake up. The whole 9 yards.

This is about the elections coming up - about Black women choosing Hillary over Obama. If I had to choose, there would be no choice. What is your choice?

About you choosing who is Black - do you not think your voice would be magnified under a Black President? You may not think he is Black - but the majorty do. Will you not put effort into a debate because you dont believe he is Black (enough)? Or use the forums his name will supply - to get your points across to a much broader audience?

eta - it's interesting you say you'll choose who is Black, and white folk wont choose for you.. meanwhile, the entire concept of race is white. You think you can choose who is Black? HA! think again :)