Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Vogue Italia rocks natural hair

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by jamesfrmphilly, Mar 15, 2012.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    [​IMG]

Women of color with natural hair are making strides in all walks of life, most recently in the modeling world. There is a new, refreshing crop of models who are boldly embracing their natural coils according to a recent article by Vogue Italia. This is a major milestone for natural hair women everywhere. A few models like Alek Wek and Noemie Lenior withstanding, rarely have we seen beautiful natural-haired black models on the runway, who really look like us and rock their textured coifs with regal pride.

http://www.cocoandcreme.com/2012/03/vogue-italia-natural-hair-trend-hits-the-fashion-week-runway/

2. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    I don't know why sistas don't keep their natural hair, in my opinion they always look 100% more beautiful and more authentic in their looks.

3. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I agree, but some sisters don't see it because we are too afraid of our hair. I got a friend who has not put a relaxer in her hair for a little over a year. She refuses to wear it out though, she keeps weaves in it. She says she will stop wearing it when her hair grows out, I can understand that. I told her that if she starts wearing that little afro she has now, she will so liberated. She don't believe me though, lol.

4. Black-king

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    I understand what you mean, it has some deep psychological effects on them. The men has something to do with it as well, as many of our unlearn men like to criticize the sistas for their hair being (nappy) a better term wooly. I saw it on tv shows like Martin, and black comedies making fun of sistas hair. And of course Esau's brainwashing of what good hair and bad is like have really gone thru their head. Though now many of them are starting to wake up and embrace their natural hair. A natural hair sista in my eyes is the most beautiful.

Anyway did you know that our sista's hair and weight dilemma come from God's cursing them for being stuck up against the men?

5. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    You got to explain tat one to me.

6. Black-king

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    The prophecies in Isaiah 3:16-25 prophesied against our people, but there were specifics curses for our women because they were being haughty against their men, just like today they were thinking that the men weren't on their level. When you read that chapter it only describes one group of women in the world, its our sistas. This is another scripture that proved that the so called Jewish people aren't the daughters of Zion. read it.

7. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I will look into it.

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,730
    i have not found black women to be "stuck up"

9. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I don't think that it means the women were stuck up, but I am sure you disagree. That is a scripture that has a lot more to it than the verses you read. Women don't have short hair because of scabs now, some, only some, have short hair because they don't take care of it the best way for them.

10. Black-king

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    The women back then were that's why God had to curse them, and many of them act exactly as described in the above scripture today. Of course I am only talking about the ones who act that way.

That's part of the problem with many of our women, and I think it's part of the curse, it totally fits today Black women obsession with their hair, because Back then they used to have really long hair and would stay in shape and keep sexy body no matter how old they got. As far the stuck up part go here is the definition of Haughty.

haugh·ty/ˈhôtē/

Adjective:
    Arrogantly superior and disdainful: "a look of haughty disdain".

Synonyms:
    arrogant - proud - supercilious - lofty - lordly - uppish