Health and Wellness : Vitamins, Vitamers, Cofactors and CoEnzymes

asmith161718

Registered
Dec 31, 2009
After reading a bit about how a deficiency, lack of B vitamins can cause health and skin problems I decided to take a risk with purchasing B Vitamin supplements. Previously I have been very sceptical because according to what I have read and advice from a store clerk vitamins do not work that well because they past through your body very quickly. But I have been taking Vitamin B15, a vitamin I'm sure most haven't heard of, and it is really making a difference in regards to my facial blemishes. So, it's obvious from my pov, that I have had a B15 vitamin deficiency all this time which is strange because wikipedia says that B15 is not an essential vitamin. Vitamin B15 can only be found in significant amounts in apricot kernels and supplements.
Also there are compounds in Vitamins called Vitamers that help treat people that have vitamin deficiencies. Vitamers were first discovered in ancient Greece. Coenzymes and CoFactors are also beneficial. But you can only get vitamers in significant amounts, from raw fruits vegetables and meats. A Coenzyme of B2, Riboflavin 5 phosphate is also helpful. But the FDA appears to be starting to ban them. The Coenzyme CoQ 10 is on the FDA list of substances that might get banned.

All these things could be beneficial for people with vitamin deficiencies. And probably to communities were food deserts are prevalent.

asmith161718

Registered
Dec 31, 2009
A significant number of Black communities have food deserts. Getting more B vitamins in those communities would improve physical as well as mental well being. I also think that essential amino acids could also help. There are a few companies that sale what they call a perfect blend of amino acids with 99 percent utilization/absorption. You can't get 99 percent amino acid utilization/absorption from any food source. When you take amino acids they are converted into proteins that your body can use for energy. The highest food source I have read for amino acid utilization/absorption are eggs with 48 percent ( I only use egg yolks because egg whites can bind to the biotin in your hair and cause hair loss). Whey, Pea, Beef, soy, poultry has only about 16 percent. And spirulina has only 1 percent. This means that vegans have to eat a whole lot of food every day just to get enough protein. But I doubt even regular meat eaters get enough protein that are utilized enough in your body. Hemp is said to be a good source of nutrients for vegans but the protein in Hemp cannot be digested by the body. But you can improve digested by eating protein with fats like butter, avocado and mct oil. I'm mostly Vegan myself but I have to now rethink how I get my protein since pea, and soy has only 16 percent utilization/absorption and spirulina only 1 percent. I'm currently taking a supplement with all of the essential amino acids and I have seen noticeable improvements. I would say that a perfect amino acid supplement with 99 percent utilization/absorption would be even better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest profile posts

Cheryl Fitts wrote on Destee's profile.
I am looking for participants in a study to share their experiences as former African American males served as ED/EBD/BD in the southeast. Participants ages 18-35 will be interviewed and given the opportunity to express their thoughts, feelings and impressions of their school years. If interested or for more information please contact me directly. Thanks, Cheryl
Cheryl Fitts wrote on Destee's profile.
Thank you for the welcome. I have a question. I am a doctorate student in need of participants for my study. Is it allowable to post a request for study participants. If so, this is the post that would be uploaded:
Let's us all remember in 2021 to protect our energy and to do the best we can to grow and evolve.
Queen Destee im back still showing lo e after what 20+ yrs? You know always stop through from time to time
Destee wrote on rhymebad's profile.
@rhymebad ... i love you ... :love: ... what was going wrong about polls and being blocked and stuff?