Black Astrology : VIRGO THE VIRGIN...

Discussion in 'Black Astrology' started by Aqil, Apr 16, 2001.

1. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Virgo is the sixth sign of the zodiac, which the Sun transits during the last month of summer, from about August 23rd to about September 22nd. The symbol for this sign is The Virgin; its polarity is negative; its element is earth; its quality is mutable; its ruling planet is Mercury; and on the human anatomy Virgo rules the small intestines and the solar plexus...

In Virgo the practicality of earth and the adaptability of mutability are combined with the intelligent influence of the planet Mercury to produce a modest, yet discriminating nature that is oriented toward service. The young maiden in the symbol for this sign is usually shown holding a sheaf of wheat, thus combining the idea of virginity (i.e., purity) with that of fertility...

In the northern latitudes of our planet, the Sun’s passage through the sign Virgo coincides with the harvest season, the time when farmers gather the fruits of their labor and separate the grain from the chaff. Like the other earth signs (Capricorn and Taurus), Virgo people like to work with the earth and its products, not so much in a spirit of ownership (like Taurus) or ambition (like Capricorn), but in a desire to be useful...

Virgo shares this spirit of service with its polar opposite and complementary sign Pisces, but it is very unlike Pisces in that it takes nothing on faith. Virgos – who include not only Sun-sign Virgos, but all in whose horoscopes the sign is emphasized – are distinguished by their highly-developed critical and analytical faculties. They are able to make fine discriminations, and they distrust things that do not hang together logically – or people who are too emotional.

Their fussiness can be infuriating, but their ability to focus on detail and their willingness to do something over until it is right makes them the craftsman of the zodiac. If Leo (the sign preceding Virgo) is the sign of the actor and the artist, Virgo is the sign of the craftsman and the critic.

As children they are apt to be shy and picky eaters, but may actually enjoy tasks such as helping with the dishes, laundry, or cleaning up their rooms. They are neat and conscientious students, though somewhat lacking in self-esteem.

There is a humility in Virgo that inspired noted astrologer Isabel Hickey to call it “the sign of the hidden Christ.” Christianity, with its emphasis on sacrifice, is ruled by Pisces, the sign of the fisherman and the fish; but the potential for Christ-like service is ruled by Virgo, the sign of the lowly carpenter who eventually became the symbol of Christian martyrdom. Virgo aspires to a standard of purity and perfection that few mortals can hope to attain.

In the human body Virgo corresponds to the small intestines and the eliminatory system, and there is a special concern in this sign for health, diet, and cleanliness. Mercury’s rulership of the nervous system indicates a high-strung temperament, and, with worrying about details that others would not notice, Virgos are prone to nervous indigestion. Their occupation with cleanliness and order can sometimes be obsessive; the “bowel-retentive personality” (!) is a negative manifestation of Virgo energy...

The same qualities that make Virgos such good workers can cause them unhappiness in their personal lives. They are painfully conscious of all the imperfection in the world – in themselves as well as in others – and as a result they are often dissatisfied. They sometimes have trouble learning to trust, and they are slow to make a personal commitment, which has earned them a reputation for being stand-offish. However, once they have made a choice (usually a sensible one) they are devoted partners. And Virgos possess all the sensuality of the other earth signs...

Their most compatible signs are: Taurus, Capricorn, Cancer and Scorpio; Leo, Libra, Aquarius and Aries are neutral; Gemini and Sagittarius are likely to be difficult. With another Virgo there would be intense intellectual rapport. With Pisces (Virgo’s polar opposite) there will be both attraction and tension, the outcome depending – as with all combinations – on how the two horoscopes interact, and not on the compatibility of the Sun-signs alone.

Virgo people like to work with their hands and are often more comfortable in subordinate positions. They excel in all crafts, especially those that require precision, such as carpentry, jewelry-making, watch repairing or sewing. Virgos take naturally to gardening, teaching, writing (especially criticisms), editing, clerical work, health or service occupations, or work involving sanitation, diet and nutrition.

The colors of Virgo are green and all shades of brown; its birthstones are the sapphire and the agate; and its day of the week is Wednesday, which is ruled by Mercury.

The following are some prominent African-Americans born under the sign Virgo:

Julian “Cannonball” Adderly, Roy Ayers, Sheri Belafonte, Alice Coltrane, Lola Folana, former Cong. Augustus Hawkins, Kevin Hooks, Michael Jackson, Elvin Jones, B.B. King, Earl Klugh, Branford Marsalis, Edwin Moses, Judge Constance Motley, Nas, Charlie Parker, Billy Preston, Frank Robinson, Sonny Rollins, Richard Roundtree, Horace Silver, Joe Simon, Valerie Simpson, Tavis Smiley, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Iyanla Vanzant, Barry White and Richard Wright...

2. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Keen analysis is a gift of Virgo, whereas expert synthesis is a gift of Pisces, Virgo’s polar opposite and complementary sign. Virgo is prone to tear down; Pisces is a dual sign; half of it builds up through the sympathetic understanding of itself and others, and half of it – through timidity – allows things to break down or float away. It takes so little to influence Pisces deeply, either for good or ill. Encouragement is vital to Pisces, whereas Virgo plows ahead with or without encouragement...

3. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Virgos and Geminis actually talk with their hands. And so do people with these signs prominent in their horoscopes. This is so because both Virgo and Gemini are ruled by Mercury, the planet that has rulership over the arms and hands...

The minds of Virgos and Geminis are also fascinating to compare. Although they are the intellectuals of the zodiac, they do have their differences. Gemini is nervous, while Virgo is controlled; Gemini loves to read and write, while Virgo prefers tools and tinkering around with material things, such as computers, VCRs, stereo components, and/or anything mechanical. Gemini has a humorous wit; Virgo is sharp and critical. Gemini is playful and flighty; Virgo is serious and down-to-earth...

4. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Popular TV personality Tavis Smiley is a Virgo (9/13/'64). He and the powerful motivational speaker Iyanla Vanzant share the same birthday...

5. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Virgos on the Internet

When Virgo gets over his/her initial reticence, the Internet indulges the info omnivore that is inherent in Virgo's nature. Virgo loves information for information's sake. Having lots of facts at hand, easily accessed and organized, calms the Mercury-ruled Virgo mind...

And the shy nature of this mutable (meaning changeable) earth sign can be set aside in the impersonal world of cyberspace, where the threat of person-to-person contact is absent...

Virgo loves nature and gardens - both flowers and vegetables - so they will look at websites featuring beautifully organized gardens for inspiration. This sign will order plants through cyberspace and that will include some healthy fruit trees for their garden....

Being physically healthy is another important concern. The Internet has lots of websites to check for the latest news on health, and if Virgo has physical symptoms to check out, they know how to do a word search faster than anyone...

Shyness, as noted, can be a difficulty for Virgo. The web offers a way to visit websites where Virgo can volunteer and serve, making the world a better and purer place to live. Some suggested sites for the Virgo native to visit are:

http://www.google.com/
    http://www.pointsoflight.org
    http://www.amizade.org/
    http://www.countrylife.co.uk/
    http://www.Lifelonglearning.com/
    http://www.eatright.org
    www.vegetariantimes.com

6. Thandiwe

Thandiwe Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks! I was waiting for this...

You must have been reading my mind... My 3 1/2 year old son is a Virgo (9/5) and he can be shy at times. But once he gets comfortable - Look out! :)

I have several friend and family members who are Virgo.

I also find that Virgos find it hard to apologize and are very critical of others. They are very systematic. I have noticed that they are very concerned about their appearance particulary the males. I have noticed that the males seems almost obsessive when it comes to exercise. YOu mentioned that they will most likely like housecleaning. I've noticed this in my son already. Everything has it's place and he does like to play in the dishwater. (That a good thing, in a couple of years, doing dishes will be his duty) He even likes the concept of mopping.

My mother's birthday falls on the cusp of (9/21). It seems to find that she can be supersensitive. That Virgo and Libra mix. she tends to hold a grudge. Are these aspects of this cusp?

Interesting, alot of my relatives seems to have birthdays on the cusp...

Keep it coming, Aqil... you've got me now!

7. GA_Sunshyne

GA_Sunshyne Well-Known Member MEMBER

Lover of Words
    Ratings:
    +4
    AQUIL....

I am a virgo (08/27)... & I also have an interest in the
    Sun Signs. I could not help but smile as I was reading
    some of this... because it was oh-so true! I am a very
    analytical personality & i will redo things until it drives
    those around me crazy... but until i feel it's perfect...
    i'm just not satisfied! (lol)

Another thing that i found to be true (at least about me) is the love of or ability to excel in writing. I've never
    liked math particularly... but give me a paper to write or
    a word to spell or thoughts to organize on paper... & I am in my element... that is probably the reason why poetry is
    one of my most avid passions! & the cleanliness & "neat freak" thing was right on as well!... i could go on & on & on... but i won't... this is getting long! (lol)

But thank you for this... I will definitely be back!! :)

8. Thandiwe

Thandiwe Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Virgos the Insominiacs?

I know of several Virgos who have problems sleeping. Is tihs inherent of people born under their astrological sign.

They tend to be up in the middle of the night, stressed out and thinking.

Also, do these people tend to be depressed.

and yes, Virgo as almost fanatical and systematic to an annoyance.

Last week, two of my son' s daycare providers told me how finicky(sp) he is. I explained that he was a Virgo child. They replied "oh, okay!" that explains it. :D

9. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Thandiwe:

Virgo's planetary ruler is Mercury, the planet that rules the nerves. If the planet is afflicted (meaning its influences are debilitated) in a horoscope, it could mean that one could have problems sleeping. However, it is not a common trait that is inherent in the Virgo persona...

10. Anita J

Anita J Active Member MEMBER

poetree-ette
    Nomadic Grounds where the Sounds beat like Bigahda
    Ratings:
    +0
    Peace...

I'm a Virgo myself...9/10...and although i'm very analytical and critical of self...i have to say that i am not, at all, organized...i'm pretty messy actually. and nothing has a place it's got to be. i used to be shy in my youth but have since gotten over that. i'm 23 now...but that organization thang always bugs me because everyone always equates Virgos with being super organized and i'm really not. but anyhow, thanks for putting this up. i enjoyed readin' it.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. African Virgo

2. Black virgo

3. virgo black woman

4. black interpretation of virgo,
  5. African meaning of virgo,
  6. the black zodiac virgo,
  7. www.the human virgo the virgin.com,
  8. black virgo woman,
  9. www.sign of virgo the virgin .com,
  10. khemet astrology,
  11. virgo kemet,