Black Sports : Vince Young (Get Your Mind Right Brother)

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Jahari Kavi, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    The recent events with Vince Young not only have me worried as a fan who's followed Vince since highschool, but more importantly as a brother who constantly sees other brothers succumbing to the lifestyle that is thrown at them as athletes. Details are still extremely scatchy

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=62679

^^^ SWAT team report

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=62684

^^^Bud Adams saying everything is being blown out of proportion

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080909/SPORTS01/80909043

^^^VY seeing psychologist, psychologist saying he's suffering from depression....VY's mom said he told her he doesn't want to play football anymore

get well Vince......................if there are deeper demons he's dealing with, I wish him the best as a human being. If the NFL is too much for him, then he owes nothing to no one.............get out if you want to.

2. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    dude is still young hell at age i was still rollin down the street smokin indo sippin on gin and juice!lol Hopefully there are some men in his life he trust that he can speak to. hotep

3. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

LOOK LIKE HIS MIND IS GONE. ONCE HE DIDNT WANT GO BACK IN THE GAME SUNDAY IT WAS A WRAP. LOOKING LIKE RYAN LEAF TO ME. HE CAN NEVER COME BACK FROM THAT, QB IS THE HARDEST POSITION IN SPORTS AND THAT LOW WONDERLINK SCORE AND OTHER THING THAT SURROUNDED HIM CAUSE THE TEXANS NOT TO DRAFT HIM.

4. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    these local radio stations are bashing him hard around him, just claiming that he needs to "suck it up," but I honestly believe these issues are much deeper than football.......

5. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    I was just thinking if someone like a Jim Brown has reached out to him????? Vince's father was absent growing up, and I believe he just got out of a prison a year or so ago.......

6. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

FROM MY MINDSET HE ONE OF THOSE GUYS WHO DONT "LOVE" FOOTBALL. HE HAPPEN TO HAVE GREAT TALENT BUT REALLY HE DONT WANT TO PLAY. HE REMIND ME OF ROBERT SMITH(RUNNING BACK)

7. Jahari Kavi

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    That might be the case. Even when he had success during his rookie season he was contemplating retirement.

8. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    he dont want to play.....the pressure is too much at that position....he needs to get out when and if he can.....like dside said he aint in love with the sport just really athletic and talented....

9. brown_h0rnet

brown_h0rnet Master of All Trades... Jack of None PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Wow, I didn't know that. He may not have that "Love" for the game.

It seems to me that his spirit may just be broken, feeling that the world is against him. And in a sense, it is. He may feel that the Titans are tryin to sabatoge him, but just won't say it. I live here in Nashville and I know that a lot of the players feel that way. Hanesworth, has come out on numerous occasions and put the organization on blast, questioning why the Titans won't get him any help, citing the Cleveland Browns offseason moves.

Vince is in a sense, in a no win situation because he has to be superman just for the Titans to be a playoff contender. In his rookie season, he showed flashes of that. But this is the NFL! When teams start breakin down the film and analyzing you, that Superman stuff aint gown last. They need some help!

All through the preaseason they were dissing Vince saying that he was struggling. But I know people who went to the games that said that the vast majority of his incompletions were drops. This was never in the news stories. Just like Vick, Vince is being told it is his fault and that he must MAKE his team mates better.

Then you look out and see somebody like the Patriots go out and get Moss, Stallworth, etc.. etc.. Then when the Patriots go on a Rampage, Brady gets ALL the credit. Brady is a great quarterback, no doubt. But it's easy to be God when you have Moss, Stallworth, Wes Walker, Ben Watson, Maroney, S. Morris, an offensive line that gives you time to slow cook a turkey, and refs that give you "the tuck rule".

Now this is of course the case with ALL Black quarterbacks!! But, it seems even worse with Young. Not only have the Titans not gone out and tried to get good receivers, they let go of the mediocre receivers they had! They got Huey Duey and Luey at receiver. They went out and got Crumpler (which wasn't that bad), but they already got TEs. The media of course notices none of this.

But through it all. Vince has always had the fan support. But he is now losing that. Now... THIS AINT NO EXCUSE TO TRY NOT TO COME ON THE FIELD! And Vince does make mental errors sometimes. I also think that Vince has other issues, but I feel that this situation is compounding the problem. I know that Young hates to lose. So if he feels that he can't win, he may just rather quit.

10. DARKSIDE MAGICK

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

I LOVE YR POST GOD BUT A CONSPIRACY, I CAN'T FEEL THAT

THERE WAS MANY PEOPLE WHO TOLD THE TITANS NOT TO DRAFT THE GUY BECAUSE OF ISSUES HE HAD. A OWNER DONT PAY A KAT MILLIONS SO HE CAN FAIL. I AGREE HE DONT HAVE HELP BUT HE'S THE QB AND HE KNEW WHAT WAS IN STORE WHEN HE GOT BEHIND CENTER. PERSONALLY HE THINK HE BACK AT TEXAS WHERE HE WAS GOD AND JUST USE HIS ABILITIES TO BEAT PEOPLE BUT THE NFL IS A MENTAL GAME AND IT COMING BACK TO BITE HIM. THEY SAY HE NOT IN THE FILM ROOM OR STAY LATE TO STUDY, SO HE GET UPSET CAUSE THEY BOO HIM LOL. I REMEMBER WHEN TIM COUCH GOT BOO AT HOME AND HE WAS FINISHED, IT BROKE HIM. I'M WATCHING THE SAME THING JUST HIS PIGMENT IS DARKER.

P.S. THE OFFSEASON MOVES BY MY TEAM CLEVELAND WAS GARBAGE. STALWORTH IS FRAGILE AND THOSE TWO FAT GUYS WHO WAS SUPPOSE TO STOP THE RUN LET MARION BARBER RUN CRAZY OVER THEM PLUS ROMO WAS WATCHING TV HE HAD ALL DAY TO THROW.