Black Education / Schools : Videos: Banks helping parents become better Consumers

Dumb Accounting Books

All of the accounting books I have seen stink.

I have two books that retail for $100 and have 1000 pages between them. Neither of them has a single diagram of cash flow. It's all WORDS, WORDS, WORDS with accounting forms to fill out that are just about obsolete with today's computers. They teach memorization not comprehension.

What is the point of memorizing the difference between sole proprietorship, partnership and corporation before you understand what a chart of accounts is? The sole proprietor needs to know a chart of accounts even if he never incorporates. Understand the important ideas then expand the details if the student wants/needs it.

Every individual needs to do his accounting just as if he was a sole proprietor.

And they don't emphasize depreciation enough either. Oh yeah, they want us all to be dumb consumers that buy lots of stuff that depreciates.
:bawling:

umbra

umbrarchist said:
All of the accounting books I have seen stink.

I have two books that retail for $100 and have 1000 pages between them. Neither of them has a single diagram of cash flow. It's all WORDS, WORDS, WORDS with accounting forms to fill out that are just about obsolete with today's computers. They teach memorization not comprehension.

What is the point of memorizing the difference between sole proprietorship, partnership and corporation before you understand what a chart of accounts is? The sole proprietor needs to know a chart of accounts even if he never incorporates. Understand the important ideas then expand the details if the student wants/needs it.

Every individual needs to do his accounting just as if he was a sole proprietor.

And they don't emphasize depreciation enough either. Oh yeah, they want us all to be dumb consumers that buy lots of stuff that depreciates.
:bawling:

umbra

I think there must be a reason behind it.

Accounting and computers shouldn't even be a second thought.

However if we do want teachers where would we get them????

In 1998, the median annual earnings of accountants and auditors were $37,860. The middle half of the occupation earned between $29,840 and $49,460. The top 10 percent of accountants and auditors earned more than $76,160, and the bottom decile earned less than $23,800. Accountants and auditors earn slightly more in urban areas. In 1997, median annual earnings in the industries employing the largest numbers of accountants and auditors were:
Accounting, Auditing, and Bookkeeping $38,100
State Government, except Education and Hospitals 35,900
Federal Government 43,100
Local Government, except Education and Hospitals 36,400
Commercial Banks 35,700

Nothing about teaching children about the importance of accounting. So if these are where all the authors come from no wonder accounting remains ALOOF from the masses.

Most if not all books are just to STUFF the HEADS of CONFUSED COLLEGE STUDENTS and make sure they TASTE the SOUR GRAPES of DEBT.

I wouldn't want to WASTE a CHILD'S TIME with SUCH.

I like the way children learn to be an ADULT and they find out how DEPRESSING we made the WORLD for them.

From their perspective I can see WHY.

Question: How would you separate MATH and MONEY concepts in ACCOUNTING? Can ACCOUNTING be used to COUNT BEANS like in DAYS OLD?

Also any knowledge on the DIFFERENCE of an ACCOUNTANT and AUDITOR?

Maybe that could be the ANSWER.

Electronics is more interesting than Accounting

But the math can be a lot more fun than the accounting trivia.

Also any knowledge on the DIFFERENCE of an ACCOUNTANT and AUDITOR?

I am not talking about accounting with the intent of encouraging people to get jobs as accountants. If that is what they want fine. I am talking about EVERYONE knowing enough accounting to better play the unavoidable economic power games.

All of the accounting books I have seen explain the difference between Sole Proprietorship vs Partnership vs Corporation before they explain what a Chart of Accounts is. An individual managing his finances is like a Sole Proprietorship and needs to know what a Chart of Accounts is. He doesn't need to know about partnerships and corporations unless he is trying to work as an accountant. That is not what I am on about.

I think the schools are being traditionalist and deliberately keeping the tedium in. Of course the book publishers want to keep selling books so they need to be changed every few years.

An auditor undoubtedly needs to take more courses and get more certifications as determined by the instituions hiring such people. I am into electronics and computers professionally but I have to make financial decisions and manage my apartment building. Make decisions regarding income and expenses and all that.

umbra

umbrarchist said:
But the math can be a lot more fun than the accounting trivia.

I am not talking about accounting with the intent of encouraging people to get jobs as accountants. If that is what they want fine. I am talking about EVERYONE knowing enough accounting to better play the unavoidable economic power games.

All of the accounting books I have seen explain the difference between Sole Proprietorship vs Partnership vs Corporation before they explain what a Chart of Accounts is. An individual managing his finances is like a Sole Proprietorship and needs to know what a Chart of Accounts is. He doesn't need to know about partnerships and corporations unless he is trying to work as an accountant. That is not what I am on about.

I think the schools are being traditionalist and deliberately keeping the tedium in. Of course the book publishers want to keep selling books so they need to be changed every few years.

An auditor undoubtedly needs to take more courses and get more certifications as determined by the instituions hiring such people. I am into electronics and computers professionally but I have to make financial decisions and manage my apartment building. Make decisions regarding income and expenses and all that.

umbra

Of course, I am on the borders of ELECTRONICS. Not a 3-D MASTER but I am more PRACTICAL at it then THEORETICAL.

I have a FRIEND and PARTNER I communicate with OVERSEAS in the land of TECHNOLOGY and he tells me what and who is DOING WHAT in TECHNOLOGY.

I met him during my DAYS of LEARNING about NATIONS and this WORLD.

So I know the HEADS UP on COMPONENTS in CONSUMER BUSINESS here in the US.

I have a PLAN involving US and ELECTRONICS but it MAY BE QUITE FOOLISH....

It goes like this

How about with these TOY RECALLS, I can take a SET of "BROTHERS and SISTERS" to HELP ME BREAK UP these TOYS and LEARN about those CHEAP BEAT BOXES that are inside them. You know when a DOLL talks and SING to YOU.

Figure out how to TAKE THEM APART and PUT THEM TOGETHER AGAIN leading to REPROGRAM them.

Now we have ARTIST in the COMMUNITY and we can STUFF those BEATBOXES into a BLACK TOY (DESIGNER) and RESELL it on the "BLACK" MARKET.

If you study HONG KONG CHINA, they started with TOY ELECTRONICS of this NATURE.

We have to START SOMEWHERE.

But in the NATION even thats TO MUCH to ASK FOR.

If I can get a SMALL SET of BLACK BROTHERS and SISTERS, I think "we" can TRANSFORM the NATION well on the very least the COMMUNITY.

Oh well.

It should not be TOO HARD for US to DO...

That is why this is HAPPENING...

Last of a dying breed connects with service

ANY this PLAN aint NEW its just a LEARNING EXERCISE...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back