Ghana : Video of Child Slaves in Ghana

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Young Bajan, May 3, 2003.

1. Young Bajan

Young Bajan Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is a video of child slaves in Ghana.

After you read the story, you can also go to the web site below and tell the people of Ghana what you think. (Be forewarned that some of them there support slavery and/or see nothing wrong with it.)

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/sil2/l.php

Nuff Respect,
    Young Bajan.

Visit this web site and click on the panels on the right to see the visit.

http://tv.oneworld.net/tapestry?story=57&window=full

Investigate child labour in Ghana

created by Rose McCausland on 14th April 2002.
    subject: Youth Zone.

Ghana has a strong legal framework which sets a minimum employment age of 15 years. However, in practice child labour is widespread. Economic circumstances compel children to become wage earners at an early age. There has been an increasing use of child workers in fishing enterprises, where they are forced to work long hours, under dangerous conditions, cut off from their families. Find out more about what life is like for these fisher boys. How is the International Labour Organisation is working with the Ghanaian government to tackle this problem.

2. Young Bajan

Young Bajan Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    XXPANTHAXX,

Rubbish and Stupidity.

Why do BLACK RACISTS always jump to accuse people who speak the truth of being "white"? (I don't play games... just say "white" when you wrote "european"... I'm not one of you dumb Yankee types.)

The report about the slave children of Yeji was carried in the Ghanaian newspapers.

The Minister of Women's and Gender Affairs in Ghana, Mrs. Gladys Asmah, a BLACK GHANAIAN WOMAN, made her own comments to the media.

www.ghanaweb.com is NOT 100% European-owned. The webmaster is a black Ghanaian called Francis Akoto.

Also, it is a LIE that only European-owned websites carry such information.

Perhaps if you would drop the dumbo black Yankee racist attitude, and take some time to talk to people from Ghana (as I have done ffor many years now) or even to TRAVEL to Ghana (as I have done myself), then you would know the TRUTH, but I don't think you ARE intererested in the truth.

And finally, I'm NOT white. Sorry to disappoint you there, you dumbo black racist Yankee... I'm a BLACK MAN from BARBADOS, in the Caribbean who cares enough about these children and about the TRUTH.

I am NOT sorry to disturb your notions that all black people are suffering from the oppression of the real or imagined "evil white man".

The videos and pictures speak for themselves. If you can't face up to the reality of these black children who are being kept as slaves in Ghana, West Africa, in 2003, then you are no better than the old white slave masters of centuries gone by who also found their own reasons (LIES) to explain away their wickedness and hide the truth.

Believe me, I take on the people who practice these things nearly every day, so dealing with YOU is small potatoes in comparison.

Nuff Respect,
    Young Bajan.

3. Young Bajan

Young Bajan Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    XXPANTHAXX,

You didn't just "question my source"...

You accused all of them of being "100% european owned", which is not true, and it really doesn't matter anyway if they were.

You also chose NOT to make any statement about the plight of those slave children.

When a black person sees black people doing something wrong, and then ignores the truth and tries to suggest that the truth doesn't exist and that it's all lies invented by whites ("europeans") then that person IS a black racist.

You have every right to hold your own opinions... just as those of us who are genuinely concerned about the plight of those children have ours.

Those who care about the black children of Africa will help them.

Those who don't will continue to neglect them.

For some people, "Pan-Africanism" means fighting the proverbial "evil white man" and trying to get as much free money out of him as possible... and nothing to do with fighting the evils that still exist in Africa in 2003 where in some places (like Ghana) black African women and black African children are still kept as slaves by black Africans.

Nuff Respect,
    Young Bajan.

4. Young Bajan

Young Bajan Banned

Ratings:
    +0
  5. Young Bajan

Young Bajan Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    This news story appeared in several Ghanaian newspapers in January 2003. It tells the story of the slave children of Yeji, Ghana, West Africa.

How can anyone turn away in 2003 and refuse to speak out when the bodies of dead Ghanaian slave children are used as FISH BAIT?

These things are WRONG, and all black people who love our race must face up to the truth and find ways to help put an end to such injustices which go by neglected because not enough people care... and especially not enough BLACK people.

Nuff Respect,
    Young Bajan.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=31415

<< edited by Destee >>

6. Young Bajan

Young Bajan Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    TROKOSI SLAVERY IN GHANA

Apart from child slavery, there is also trokosi slavery in Ghana, which is a sort of religious bondage which sees innocent female family members being punished for the wrongs done by someone else in their family. The word "trokosi" means "slaves of the gods".

As with the children, the story of these unfortunate women also needs to be told. Thousands of these women are being held as slaves in Ghana and other parts of West Africa, even as you READ THIS. Search the internet for the word "trokosi" and judge for yourself.

This is one part of the reality of Africa. These people need our guidance and direction. It is ironic that a national slogan of Ghana is "Freedom and Justice For All."

Thank you.

Nuff Respect,
    Young Bajan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/1158115.stm

<< edited by Destee >>

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Young Bajan,

You have come in breaking our Forum Rules, 3 to be exact and we only have 6.

1. It is against our Forum Rules to disrespect another Member by calling them out of their name.

2. It is against our Forum Rules to add copyrighted information to this site without including the owner of that material's permission with their words. I am going to delete the text that appears to belong to someone else for you this time. In the future, include written permission from the owner or don't add such content to this site.

3. It is against our Forum Rules to spam our community with your words. It's not necessary to post the same information more than once, in more than one forum.

Please don't continue breaking our rules.

Thanks.

Destee

8. CrunchyStuff

CrunchyStuff Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Young Bajan,

That is really horrible and terrible. It makes me want to rush forward even more to.....

But...........

How can we blame the Continental Africans when here in America and Europe we still have SLAVERY?

We give all our money to Europe and America. When they have slavery, why have you picked out Africa for revenge?

When in fact of the 3 groups, Africans are the LEAST able to stop this trafficking as long as they continue to live in absolute and total poverty?

Your not being fair to Africans. You seem to have anger and hate towards them but where is your venom against Europe and America for the slavery that exist in their countries?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1644406.stm

That contains the story of a young African SLAVE boy used as a sexual toy by whitemen in paris and forced to eat cat food.

The story also mentions that there are 10,000 African SLAVE CHILDREN IN EUROPE. These children are living with STRANGERS.

Here is the American anti-slavery website. They allow you to see slavery ON ALL CONTINENTS.

http://www.iabolish.com/slavery_today.htm

Here is Russian slavery of WHITE PEOPLE.

http://dawn.com/2001/01/18/int18.htm

Now that we have that straight. I expect to see another 14 posts about how we should not give our money to America and Europe.

What is happening in Africa is terrible, but let us not be HYPOCRITS.

Let us also condemn Europe and America and demand that we do not spend any more money in them.

Okay?

9. Young Bajan

Young Bajan Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Crunchy Stuff,

Thanks for your comments.

First of all, you may not have seen my other posts which Destee decided to DELETE... they also explained how the government of Ghana was asking wealthy African-Americans to invest in Ghana by "putting your resources at our disposal". My argument is, why should they be asking African-Americans for money when they don't do anything to stop slavery in their own country? Investment is good, but potential black American investors should know about these things too, and put pressure on the government there to clean up the oppression and injustice.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=35952

My post about modern day slavery in Ghana has nothing to do with revenge or hatred, but I am VERY ANGRY about the situation there.

I am a black man living in the Caribbean. My ancestors can from that part of the world, and that is the only place outside of my own beloved country, with which I have a strong external connection. I think all slavery is wrong, but as a person who is a descendant of West Africans, I have a right to express my concern about what happens in that part of the world. First my country, then my race, then the rest of the world. Too bad if anyone doesn't like that order... but it's my life and my choice.

Thank you for providing the American anti-slavery website. I will check it out.

http://www.iabolish.com/slavery_today.htm

Nuff Respect,
    Young Bajan.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Young Bajan ... you have a problem with me deleting content from this forum?

Destee