Black People : Video Debates - Let's Take it To the Next Level Family!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I just suggested to Brother Keita that we do a video debate !!! :eeek: ... Oh My Gosh !!! ... :eeek: ... what if he says yes!?! ... :eeek:

::

::

I'm problee bite'n off way more than i can chew, but i love Brother Keita, and i love debating with him ... he's a great debater if you can get him off the mic ... :lol: ... i'm problee way out of my league ... but i've had lots of practice with him over the years ... and given the topic at hand ... i feel confident that i can hold my own and grow from the exchange!

Anyway ... i think this is a great way for us to evolve to the next level!

Exemplify great debate effort, skill, and example ... forward movement ... adding a new dimension ... get a little more off the sideline ... all of that!

It's gonna take some nerve ... creating / posting a video of yourself ... articulating your point clearly ... but we have Members doing it already!

So ... if you're interested ... got a topic that's close to your heart ... post below ... and someone may accept the challenge!

What yall think about this? Do you think it is as great an idea, as i think it is! :D

Anyone want to debate me on a topic ... via video (youtube) ... you respond ... i respond ... ?? ... let me know what the topic is! :D

Love You! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

2. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    How will they be organized? Will this include screencasts or other visual formats?

This sounds like a pretty good idea.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    We can structure it however we'd like ... it's just an idea right now ... all suggestions are welcome.

What exactly is a screencast? I see no reason why one couldn't use whatever resource they have, to argue their point.

Glad you like the idea ... does that mean i may have the pleasure one day of debating you via video?!! ... :)

Destee

4. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    It's basically recording your computer's screen to present material, do walkthroughs, or whiteboard etc.

I don't know if I'm participating or not. I'll give it some thought though.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    ahhhh @ screenshots ... okay ... yes ... sure ... i see no reason folk can't use that or any other resource ... do you?

your giving it some thought is very encouraging! thank you! ... i'm finna go comb my hair right now ... just in case i gotta debate you via video! :D

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    What if Brother Keita says yes! ... :eeek: ... :lol: ... oh my gosh ... :lol: ... i'm gitt'n nervous already ... this is almost like a date!

Let me go comb my hair! ... :running:

Destee

7. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    LOL

8. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I think an Audio-only option would encourage more participation.. video stuff has consequences that could actually affect a persons livelyhood.. especially with the kinds of things that we talk about here.. If you enabled the ability to embed and audio service like http://www.soundcloud.com then folks could really quickly just record and share their audio takes on any issue..

I've been doing these video brainstorming sessions where I talk about a particular set of ideas.. I'm starting to think that video may be one of the best ways to start out a thread.. you know.. to set the context and ask the question..

anyway.. I'd hope he takes you up on your offer so I can hear that squeaky voice fired up...

9. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Tell you what Sis, you already knew I was going to answer this thread and you knew that I was going to say yes. However, what you didn't know is that you have choices. We can do the video thing if you want...and we can also go live radio....not internet radio, although it can be heard on the internet but live radio. Yeah, I got the hook up like that !:cool: ....and as soon as I find out where it's located, we can go live television too boo ! Now, you pick your subject and then decide how you want to do this and then get back at me....you do still have my number?? If not, write me at [email protected] and I'll holla back.

Luv Ya !!

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Boyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!! :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Wait ... maybe i should choose this icon instead ... :injured: :injured: :injured:

You're so wonderful to me Brother Keita. I really have learned so much from you regarding presentation, information, etc., you're a great teacher. To be in an actual debate situation with you ... oh my gosh ... i'm probably gonna need you to provide me some data for my argument ... lol ... :lol: ... ohhhhhhhhhh gosh!

This really was posted on a whim, but now that time has passed, there's no one i'd rather debate with than you! You're great at it!

I originally proposed we argue something in that post you made, but i'm gonna go back and re-read it ... i'll probably find i don't disagree with as much of it as i thot i did! If no topic is there, i'll think back over my mind, regarding the things we do disagree about that might be worthy of a debate. If you think of a good one, please share it. I'm sure there is something! :)

OPTIONS you say?!!! ... :love: ... :D ... Ohhhhhh Boyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!

We can decide on how we do it as well as what the topic will be.

I think it would be good to come up with a way to determine who won the debate ... ???

Maybe lineup a set of criteria, or something ... i don't know ... i've never been in a real debate ... though we can make ours how we wanna.

There are probably time limits for responses ... right? ... stuff like that.

Brother Keita ... i'd like for our debate to be the first, setting the stage for any that may follow. Of course we'll learn a lot doing this one, and each one, adjusting as we go ... but if we can have as much considered for the first one, that we can ... we'll be that much further up the road, allowing us to make a great presentation.

Wow ... this is nice ... Thank You Brother Keita ... i love you ... :grouphug:

I think i will hafta call you ... but as much as we can discuss and determine here ... in this thread ... will be appreciated.

Whatcha think?

Much Love and Peace.

Destee