Support : Video comments require moderation by default?

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by skuderjaymes, Mar 7, 2014.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    ..just checking out the Gallery.. looking for videos.. noticed that any comments go straight to moderation. I was thinking that may be a default setting.

I like the video viewer app.. but overall, it's not so easy to discover new material.. or to simply browse like we could do with the previous Media Center.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    No ... none of it will be moderated by default ... i'm still trying to learn everything.

I saw the post and approved it ... changed some settings, but am not sure that everything is everything.

I'll continue to monitor it to see ... with the only folk being encumbered are those with less than 25 posts.

They won't be moderated either, they just gotta wait until they get 25 posts before they can utilize the gallery fully.

There were aspects of this gallery that i liked, but if the majority likes the other one better, we can always go back ... i think.

Let's give it a try and see.

You shouldn't see the moderated stuff again ... but if you do let me know.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    cool cool.

I prefer the other one because it felt like a group library.. and it allowed members to easily add things to the library without starting threads.. and there was a list of video posts on the main screen.

This gallery feels like the gallery of the site back in 2009.. back when I joined. But the player and the Privacy settings are nice.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Okay ... your vote is noted ... and this may encourage others to share their thoughts as well.

We could probably have them both ... hmmm ... i don't know ... but we'll play it by ear ... see what happens.

It's still kinda early ... the new gallery has some kewl features ... that haven't been shared yet ... like being able to pull images from threads, creating galleries ... like Brother info-moetry's slave rebellion thread and images ... or even the picture gallery forum ... i've not had time to delve into this for real, but i understand it can do it ... in fact, this gallery does images and videos (unlike our previous one) ... though it does have its drawbacks ... no one piece of software is probably gonna satisfy everyone and everything ... but we have them both ... and if we need to go back i think we can though i've not looked into that for real either ... i just got it up ... don't even have all the permissions / functionality set up on it ... it's way early ... but if the majority wants the other one ... i think it's do-able.

Thanks for sharing your thots on it ... hoping others will as well.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee