Black People : Video: Chairman Omali Says "Christmas is a Celebration of Our Oppression"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by uhururadio, Dec 24, 2007.

1. uhururadio

uhururadio Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
  2. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    I am unapollogetically a Christian. That being said, Santa is an absolute counterfeit as is the commericial Christmas as it is celebrated today.

My wife and children stopped celebrating Christmas in the traditional way about 8 or 9 years ago. While each individual will have their own convictions on the matter, I have no christmas tree, lights, etc. I don't fault or judge another for having this, all have a right to their own convictions.

Jer 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
    Jer 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

Some say that this scripture does not refer to a Christmas tree, but I don't see what else it could be referring to. It may not have been called a "Christmas tree" in that era but it was carried out in the same manner as this custom which the bible calls "vain". So, in essence everything in the video pertaining to the SC and the commercial version of Christmas is correct.

On the other hand, Chrismas has nothing to do with it being a "Celabration of our oppression.

Here is a Christian view of Santa: http://ifbpreaching.com/index.html

3. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I stopped celebrating christmas several years ago.

It is no coincidence that profit, greed, and gross materialist notions of right and wrong [you get "things" if you are "good"] are so inextricably woven within the traditions of christmas.

Let us, we who love Jesus, instead of traditions of men, use this day, December 25, to speak out against the maranatha anathema of christmas.

AMEN.

Christmas, never celebrated by Jesus or any of the 12 disciples, or the Apostle Paul.

Christmas, never mentioned, not even once, in any book of the new testament.

Christmas, which says more that the corrupting influence of racists upon the teachings of Jesus than anything else.

[​IMG]

4. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I downloaded this video and put it on my iPod to share with others, as is a clear message of what most of us already know. This christmas thing is such a big farce that it's not funny.
    Thank you for sharing this video. Trust me, it's gonna be passed around.

5. JohnHorse

JohnHorse Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +0
    jesus didn't have any 'teachings' it's mythology

6. King Tubbs

King Tubbs Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
    This is a British documentary showing the specific paganistic origins of Christmas:

7. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Awesome documentary King Tubbs.

8. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8

Other than an emotional knee-jerk reaction to reject the "White man's religion", how did you come to the conclusion that Jesus had no "teachings" or that "it's mythology"?

Please support your claim in a methodical manner.

9. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    All scripture, if it is speaks of the One Truth, is based on myth.

The One Truth existed in the Zep Tepi, in the beginning, before man could read or write, before there were men.

That One Truth was given to men by the AMEN/BRAHMAN, and those men passed that One Truth by word of mouth, teacher to student, father to son, as myth. These myths combined Divine Omniscience with the limited, nescient, understanding of the messengers who received the Word. Hence, Divine attributes became gods and goddesses, and levels of enlightenment became locations --- the underworld, hades, heaven, nirvana, etc.

In time, men learned to put myth down on paper, papyrus, stone, and leaves. And, that, my friend, is when the corruption of the Word ramped up exponentially.

10. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    The Bible does not speak of the "One Truth" in that phraseology. There may be some other phraseology that you are relating to, but I am unfamiliar with it.

There is no connection between the pagan gods of Egypt, Sumerian, Greece, or Rome and the God of the Bible.

The Bible is not derived from nor associated with the Zep Tepi.

Tell me more about this "beginning, before man could read or write, before there were men"....are you talking about the theoretical "big bang"? The THEORY of evolution is a religion in and of itself.

Finally, if this is all myth, what then, is the truth concerning how we came to exist, our purpose for being here, and rather God created this world or the world created itself?