Black People : Video captures Jasper, Texas, police officers beating woman

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Jun 4, 2013.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447

[Updated at 5:50 p.m. ET]
    A southeast Texas town with a history of racial unrest on Monday fired two white police officers recently captured on video slamming a black woman’s head into a countertop and wrestling her to the ground.
    “The amount of force used was abominable,” the woman's attorney, Cade Bernsen, told Yahoo News.
    The incident was captured by security cameras at the Jasper, Texas, police headquarters.
    Keyarika "Shea" Diggles, 25, was brought to the jail on May 5 for an unpaid fine, according to Bernsen. He said she was was on the phone with her mother trying to arrange to get the $100 owed when Officer Ricky Grissom cut off the call.
    There’s no audio on the video, but Diggles and Grissom were apparently arguing when Officer Ryan Cunningham comes in behind Diggles and attempts to handcuff her. When she appears to raise her hand, Cunningham grabs Diggles by the hair and slams her head into a countertop. The officers wrestle Diggles to the ground before dragging her by her ankles into a jail cell.
    “She got her hair pulled out, broke a tooth, braces got knocked off … it was brutal,” Bernsen said.
    Diggles was charged with resisting arrest for arguing with the officers, a charge dropped on Monday, according to Bernsen.
    Cunningham, reached by phone Monday afternoon, hung up on a Yahoo News reporter. A message left for Grissom was not immediately returned.
    The officers’ firing comes 15 years to the week after an infamous hate crime in Jasper, a town of about 8,000 people two hours northeast of Houston. James Byrd Jr., a black man, was tied to the back of a pickup by three white men and dragged for several miles until he was decapitated. The high-profile case triggered marches by the New Black Panthers and Ku Klux Klan.
    Last year, a majority-white Jasper City Council fired the town's first black chief after 16 months on the job. Rodney Pearson is now suing, claiming his civil rights were violated.
    “It’s a different part of the world, man, it’s crazy,” said Bernsen, who's also representing the fired police chief.
    READ MORE: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/video-captures-jasper-texas-police-officers-beating-woman-204501776.html

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    Byrd all over again, smh ...

[​IMG]

James Byrd, Jr.
    James Byrd, Jr. was an African-American who was murdered by three men, of whom at least two were white supremacists, in Jasper, Texas, on June 7, 1998. Wikipedia
    Born: May 2, 1949, United States of America
    Died: June 7, 1998, Jasper, TX

3. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I don't know what she said to them, but she seem to think her words had some power.
    she was probably talking about her "rights" the whole time. Drank too much of the coolaid.. folks better start recognizing where they are and how things really are. $100 fine, turned to a warrant to being beating and abused and locked in a dungeon. All that aggression.. those folks are just waiting for any excuse to unleash all of that disdain they have for black folks. I bet the air in the space afterward was electric.. I bet the cops were actually giddy about it.. I bet they told all the other cops about how they had to put her in her place.. I wouldn't be surprised if they jerked off to it.. or had a little bondage sex with their significant other before going to bed that night.

And I really think the camera held them back. Without it, she would've gotten much worse.. and they would have charged her with some felony and put her in the system for good. Thats what they do. And once you disappear behind that penal wall, the whole society forgets you exist.