Black Women : Video: Black DOLLS - how girls see themselves through the generation

Wow, fascinating!

I was born in 63 and I can’t recall ever seeing a black Barbie doll with black features. Any black doll I owned was simply a white Barbie painted black. I would enjoy experiencing an exhibit like that.

With today’s cosmetic wonders of thick lips, hips, buttocks and paint on tans, white Barbie will eventually evolve into the image of authentic black dolls. Which make such collections priceless in many ways.

Its important to share information like this.

Thanks
Coco

I was born in 63 and I can’t recall ever seeing a black Barbie doll with black features. Any black doll I owned was simply a white Barbie painted black. I would enjoy experiencing an exhibit like that.

With today’s cosmetic wonders of thick lips, hips, buttocks and paint on tans, white Barbie will eventually evolve into the image of authentic black dolls. Which make such collections priceless in many ways.

Its important to share information like this.

Thanks
Coco

Hello cocobutterskyn;

In the early 80's I started buying the Barbie dolls for my God-daughter. I mean I bought everything and everyone of then I could get my hands on, for earthdays, x-mas, or even if i just thought of her..cloths, shoes, cars, houses even Ken.

All this happen before I really came into my enlightenment...and just as I did the company came out with her friend. It was still a Barbie dolls but it was black. Needless to say it quickly became her favorite. I continued to buy that doll for her all the way up to her first day of college..so her collection is quit complete.

Lilpea

Hello Lilpea!

Was the black barbie painted black or did it have black features as well?

I'm curious about the reaction of little black girls to day if they were to receive an authentic black doll as a gift. Would they think she was pretty?

Another interesting thing about the dolls in the video... they all were dark complexioned. I find that interesting considering there were lighter skin blacks. I wonder if it was because they weren’t permitted to make lighter complexioned dolls back then, or the issues between dark and light skin blacks was a factor.

Coco

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back