Black People : Victims or Victicrats

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Sangofa, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Sangofa

Sangofa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
  2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,746
    "L.A. radio talk show host Larry Elder thinks American blacks should spend more time taking responsibility for their own lives instead of complaining about racism"

this is a false dichotomy.

there is no reason that i can't complain about racism AND also take responsibility for my life at the same time.
    Elder is just another Tom.

3. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think that he's getting all of this attention and positive feedback because he's saying exactly what White people want him to say. Everything that he's getting from this has to be coming from White people because I don't think that there's any respectable Black person out there that would endorse Elder's beliefs.

I disagree with anyone making general statements of that calibur. Times have changed and what worked for Elder way back when isn't going to cut it here and now.

It's impossible to understand any man's struggle unless you've been exactly where he's been. Those general statements put all Black people in that type of situation into one category and try to force feed them a conclusion that's unrealistic.

You'll never see a blue collar Black person still living in the ghetto, living from paycheck to paycheck, robbing Peter to pay Paul, using WIC checks and welfare to feed their families making statements like Elder, or Cosby for that matter. It seems to always be those who make it to the top and want to use their transformed mentality to judge what they couldn't possibly know.

Racism is still here and doesn't seem to be going anywhere. White people want you to forget it but will never admit that the majority of them are getting by off it. Of course when you exist on the greener grass that may be all you choose to see but don't forget that the other side isn't a picture perfect world. All struggles don't have a definite answer to alieve it. And excuse me if I can't forget racism, especially when it is all around me and effects everyone I know. Even if I could I wouldn't. Look at what racism has done to my ancestors. I choose to remember that. Elder couldn't be more wrong.

4. PositiveMindset

PositiveMindset Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +14
    I must agree, he is giving them what they wanna hear. Throughout our history here, we have had people who did just that. What I don't understand is how some people don't realize that were it not for racism in this land, many of us would have better housing, jobs, health care, etc..

No, every white person in this country isn't racist, but the majority of those in positions of power are or were raised by parents who are, so they have a hidden racist attitude. If this country was ran the way it's laws and documents stated, we would have nol need for Affirmative action, or police department overhauls, or judicial judgements overthrown. Just take a look in the closest penal institution, and i know a lot more white people commit crimes than the few that have been sentenced, those are just the poor ones who they want to sweep under the rug.

We just have to learn to let these Toms speak out the side of their necks to appease massa and ignore the hell out of them.

Peace.

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    AfroBoriquaRoni, Positive Mindset, and James, all correct, all on point, case closed(LOL!) Like Malcolm said, we still got some House Negroes runnin' 'round heah!

Peace!
    Isaiah