Black People : Victimology 101

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by truetothecause, Oct 30, 2010.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victimology
    Aint' that some ish! Nice how they separate the society as a whole given that FACT that this society was built by active victimization of a whole group and groups of people.

Recognizing that I have been "victimized" is crucial to my ability to take active steps to protect self from further harm. To acknowledge my status as a "victim" in this shystem allows me to opportunity to do something different to prevent further harm.

Mama Earth
    :hearts2:

2. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110
    vocationally speaking one can also become a career victim, as i have known many in my overall experience

to acknowledge the status of a "victim" actually gives you "victim" powers

stop claiming their despair on your life

after understanding of psychology is accomplished the next step is to apply your findings to yourself

if society is built on victims and victimization and you follow that path, in essence you would meet their end

the end is justified by the means

the means meaning the raw intent

you become what you originally wished

in between is time to change directions, but this is always a personal choice

we have the capacity to understand depending on awareness and also awareness and application

the latter would be trapped based on own intent because this is what moves consciousness, this is what animates everything

and at a higher level people can call you a victim all they like, it only has power if you apply it to you mind, ur brain processes the thought and u either accept or reject it

sometimes not knowing what someone else is thinking is protection enough

see i don't care what the "system of white supremecy thinks", because i do not wish to apply that particular thinking to my own state of mind

i have the power to make that decision inwardly or outwardly, and patience yeilds that reality for me

if want is "power" and "rulership" this meets the same want and need of the perceived enemy... so in essence the state of mind is already equal

rising above their state of mind is what i have described in the previous paragraphs

it's hard to face the fact that the slave and slave master share a state of mind

to time travel and pick portions of history to live and re live is cowardly behavior, and the nature applied by a weak mind

and although status may appear the result

eternal slavery ain't looking too good to me, and i refuse to accept that spot in history.......

i might act like a trick sometimes and get my lil swirv on but with regard to the mental capacity no tricking aloud, imma one God kinda Gal

I like talking to you Sister Tru, so I must admit I didn't watch the video....

but I think the response is within the titled topic

Peace

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Yes that is true and the path from victim
    to victor ;
    according to;

Queen Mother Moore
    Fannie Lou Hamer
    Assata Shakur
    Queen Afua
    Dr Betty Shabbazz
    Dr Francis Cress Welsing
    Dr Joy Degruy
    Dr Jewel Pookrum and
    Iyanla Vanzant

Once an illness is identified
    to spend most of ones time, ones thoughts, ones words
    and ones actions,
    focused on a cure and solution to the illness,

4. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Nameless....I enjoy talking and listening to you as well...

at the same time...alas, I'm not sure what you are saying in all that you said.

I think you are talking from a Spiritual Perspective and Reality
    Your speaking to what is taking place on the Spiritual realm of lived experiences and I happen to know all events are happening simultaneously

Mama Earth

5. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Now you understand what i meant when i said the 'psalms' are incantations?....there is a method to my madness... believe that..

6. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    should you chose to LISTEN TO M.E.

Mama Earth

7. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110
    true all is happening at the same time

i'm not talking from a spiritual perspective tho, as spiritual is still within the matrix

beyond that, meaning i'm speaking to the part that doesn't speak

if u know that all is happening simultaneously, I would assume that you understand history, so I might want to know why you chose such a position within the constraints?

i've entered my inner city so i'm a bit sensitive right now

sensing a lil ego......

really all i'm doing is planting seeds in ur mind, so later u can use the stored information to free your mind

that's my intention, but i'm in no violations of universal law because the choice to process it is yours, and this is done in the 90 percent of the brain that we are not aware we are using

one exists here, one there ... and one out of reach... u have to reach back Sister one day.

with Love,

Nameless

someone i love very much chose to die tonight, so i must prepare for that, but stay up...... cause imma break night tonight....

one

8. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    see..this presupposes that my mind is not free

free my mind from what?

Take care of you tonight and a safe journey to your friend

Mama Earth

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :geek:from me....

10. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Food for the soul

This is what I believe that I heard you say that means so much to me:

Some people are missing the point.

Givin all that we have experienced in this society some of us have at least have some level of relative wellness because we recognize our victim status. You recognize your victim status. And some of us recognize the traumatic affects of slavery [and this part really means so much to me as well].

You also said that we have been designed and programmed to believe that this kind of victimization is okay, and that no, something is wrong, it is NOT okay. You said by some of us, who at least recognize our victim status, this is like, part one. This step has caused some of us to do something about it such as we have joined boards like Destee. This shows some form of restoration, healing, liberation even though we have our own way of going about it. We use our own resorces and by joining boards we have shown that we have at least broken the bind of some mental slavery. [Awesome, Sister True!]

I believe you said; Nevertheless, by reconizing our victim status, it is still just part one. We still have a lot of mental work to do and we need to work on healthy and affective communication. You said that one primary energy focus of Dr. Welsing and a solution is to share knowledge information...

This was food for my soul. First and foremost though, even before all of the words, I thought 'wow, what a beautiful woman is she!' You're gorgeous! I'm going to revisit this blog some more. Thanks.